6.09.2012

A day late and a dollar short

Oh let's be honest, I'm more than a dollar short with all these school loans and bills we've got going on but that's beside the point. Yesterday was Daddio's 50th birthday! Can I just say ... that he is the greatest?! I couldn't have asked for a better friend, example, and supporter as a parent.

Dad and Taylor were leaving for a camp out yesterday afternoon but I wanted to surprise Dad so I decided to do it bright and early. After work I went to the house and made him a birthday breakfast! Cinnamon French toast, eggs, and sausage was on the menu. Savannah was in Vegas, Taylor was at work, and mom had a hair appointment so it ended up just being Dad and I. It was fun to hang out and talk for a few hours until he had to go to a job site. I sure am grateful for the friendship we have. It's been awesome to see the relationship with my family members change from just being my parents and siblings to being my closest friends as I've gotten older. My family is the best.

After breakfast I went home, watched a few episodes of 'Ridiculousness', laughed so hard I cried, and finally went to bed. I woke up around 430, showered and went on a hot date with Nick. And by hot date I mean we went to Chilis in Provo, Utah for dinner. Haha Chips and salsa, strawberry lemonade, Monterey chicken, cheese fries, and molten chocolate cake isn't exactly assisting in my weight loss but ooooh was it tasty!!

Once we were through stuffing our faces we headed back to home sweet home. I had to go in to work at midnight so Nick cuddled me and watched TV while I took a little nap before I had to leave. By the time 1130 rolled around I was so bummed to leave but, being the responsible adult that I am, I drug my sorry butt out to the car and went to work. The whole work thing wasn't too shabby. It was busy which made the time go by nice and fast, I worked with a few of my favorite ladies, and I even got to squeeze in a little homework before it was time to head home.

This brings us to the present. I wasn't tired when I got home so ... What does one do when she isn't tired but needs to wind down? She paints her nails. And in case I haven't mentioned it before, this girl paints her nails 2-3 times a week! Not just for cuteness either! I mean duh, yes, cute nails are fantastic but I've found that nail painting is a great way to pass the time! I often do it when I am having one of those 'I-need-to-stay-awake-for-something-but-I-know-the-second-I-sit-down-I'll-sleep' moments. Its also great for those 'calm-down-woman!' and 'Im-so-bored-I-could-die' moments as well. Just sayin.

So ... Now that I've typed a delirious ramble which I'm sure is either hilarious or makes no sense (maybe both!) I will get comfy and sleep through yet another lovely Saturday. TTFN friends!

1 comments:

Beth said...

You make me hungry! Happy Birthday Kelly!!!! 50?! I can't imagine staying up the way you do. Glad you had a great day with your dad and a great date with your man. Love ya!