6.05.2012

After Sunday comes Monday

Sunday: We were up bright and early to be at our nieces baby blessing in Roosevelt. This girl is NOT a morning person, to say the least! For that sweet Avery I would do anything though so we were up and at em at 6. We picked up Ryan in Provo, met up with Jody in Heber, and we made the trek to Roosevelt. Boy that is one ugly drive, which explains why I slept the whole way there and back instead of enjoying the 'scenery'.

The blessing was so sweet. Since it was testimony meeting both Erin and Jerry bore their testimonies. While Erin was up there Ayden decided he wanted to bear his testimony too so he ran to the podium. Erin whispered a few words in his ear and amen for him to repeat. When she was done she took his hand to walk back to the pew and he grabbed the microphone and yelled 'I want to do it again!!' in it. The whole congregation just laughed. Jerry walked to the front to help Erin since she was holding Avery and Ayden yelled 'No! I don't want Dad!' Everyone laughed again. That boy is ALWAYS so entertaining. He says the funniest things! I hope my kiddos are that funny someday.

After the blessing we went back to their apartment for some food and dessert. Then we headed back down to the valley to drop off Ryan and head to the Stika's for dinner. Sunday's are by far my favorite day of the week. I love the relationships we have with each of our families. We are so blessed to be as close to them as we are. Who knows if it'll always be this way so I sure try to savor all the time we have with them.

Monday: Today was back to reality after all the time off I had for surgery. I had sim lab for a few hours this morning then ran to the beauty store to buy some hair color. I have a nail polish color my mom mentions how much she loves every time she sees it so I bought it for her while I was there and surprised her with it at work. She sure was excited to be able to have one for herself :)

After that I grabbed a snowie (of course!), colored my hair, and went to a friends for dinner, dessert, and some girl talk. I have the greatest friends. Molly and I have gotten a lot closer over the past couple of months and I am so grateful for the friend she is to me. Miss Sarah P and I talked quite a bit today too which was much needed. I love my Nick with all my heart but sometimes, a girl just needs her friends :)

Speaking of Nick ... Tonight I went with him to Cafe Rio. I'd already eaten but we just sat outside, enjoyed the sunset, and talked while he ate. On the drive home we started talking about a pretty sensitive subject and we both got frustrated. Sometimes marriage gets hard but it's times like this that reminds me again how lucky I am that I have my Nick. I couldn't have asked for a better man to put up with my stubbornness, sometimes frustrating mood swings, my sense of humor, stress level ... The list goes on. The poor guy. But really, I am so blessed. Yes we get frustrated every once in a while but it's the calm, productive, thoughtful, and heartfelt talks we have after that remind me marriage isn't perfect but that we are always perfecting our marriage. It just keeps getting better. I sure love you Nicky Wayne.

Time to get some shut eye for tomorrow is another busy day.Oh! I almost forgot to mention! I DREW OUT FOR THE HUNT! Last week everyone in the family got their emails and drew out and I was SO sad I didn't. Turns out the email went to my Dads inbox instead. Sorry boys! This girl is going to be armed and dangerous after all!

0 comments: