11.28.2010

Turkey Day

For Thanksgiving this year Nicky Wayne and I went to my parents house. Nick worked until 2:30 so I was there in the morning just hanging out and spending time with the fam.

Peeling some eggs with mom

Me being ... well ... me!
Me and Daddio. I sure do love this guy
It was fun to cook with Mom again which I don't get to do very often anymore. She seriously is the best cook ever. I'm learning her tricks and I'm getting there. I'm even straying away from using recipes and using my own ideas that are turning out pretty delish! Anyways back on subject. Thanksgiving!
 
The Stika girlies
Daddio and Momma Stika

Thanksgiving table
Mom and Savannah always have our tables decorated so cute and nice for every dinner we're over there and Thanksgiving was no differect. I am kicking myself though for not getting pictures of all the food. Seriously, nom nom. We had turkey (duh), mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, yams with marsmallows, stuffing (which I LOVE Momma Stika's recipe), jello salad, gravy, and cranberries.
 
Once all that settled it was time for some pie. Mom made one for everyones tastes. Pumpkin, pecan, and my personal favorite, banana cream. After the dessert it was time for some good ol' family competition. Games!
 
Nick (lets label him as squints for this picture) and Daddio

Savy and I
We played some Apples to Apples and some Yahtzee. Might I add that I dominated at both. I won 2/3 of Apples and got FOUR yahtzees in two games. Me? Competitive? Naaaah. :P
 
All in all it was a pretty aweseome way to spend ourThanksgiving :) So grateful for two families that we love so much and love to spend time with.
 
Make those deviled eggs especially for Nicky Wayne
 

0 comments: