11.05.2010

Food For Thought

Ohkay, it's time for a little rambling session. I hope that you will all bear with me. I've had a lots o' thoughts lately and I feel like sharing.

The biggest one is women and their self confidence. It so hurts my heart that so many of us feel bad about ourselves. I have read quite a few blogs, read a lot of Facebook statuses, and talked to a lot of friends who just don't feel good about themselves. I, like everyone, feel like I am far from perfect. I wish I could be skinnier, sexier, and more disciplined in taking care of me. I have found though, that as I have found myself emotionally and spiritually, that all of those physical insecurities are fading into the background more or less. I've been through lots to put it plain and simple, but through all of that I have really been able to find out who I am and what I am made of. For that I am SO grateful.

I have been betrayed by my closest friends. It hurt, but made me realize that I can survive without them!

I have been hurt by boys who treated me a whole lot worse than any girl deserves to be treated. It hurt, but I learned to never lower my standards and that I deserve the best!

I have felt like I was completely alone and had no one there for me. It hurt, but I learned about the power off prayer and that I really am never ever alone!

I have looked at my body and absolutely hated what I saw. It hurt, but I learned that someone who judges me is not worth my time. How I look doesn't dictate who I am!

I have lost the most precious thing that had come into my life. It hurt, a whole lot, but through that I have gained a whole new extension of a family and better friends and support than I ever could have asked for, and a little girl who makes my world a whole lot brighter.

I have been rejected and tossed aside. It hurt (and I still think dating sucks), but I have a better husband than I ever could have imagined.

There are so many things that at the time, I never thought I could survive. I didn't think that my heart could heal from all the times it was broken. I didn't think I could ever crawl out of the hole that I'd dug for myself. I didn't think people I'd hurt could ever forgive me. But guess what, they did. And I survived. and my heart isn't broken anymore. and I'm out of the hole. I feel like I've conquered a huge mountain after climbing out of that hole actually. I know that there are going to be times where I feel like I've hit a new low or faced a new challenge that seems impossible, but I know that I can get through anything! I'm not alone, and there will always people who believe in me.

If there is anything that I can tell someone who is having a hard time it's this: You will probably always have a hard time. There is always something going on that is hard or stressful. That is life. Learn how you can deal with things and still stay sane. Remember that the only way you can have your self confidence damaged is if you let someone else define who you are. You are you, and that is aweseome! Say to yourself, I can do hard things (because I'm aweseome).

So, there was more that I wanted to talk about but I think I shall save it for another time because this is long and i'm tired just writing it. I can't imagine being you, reading it! :) If you got this far, you're aweseome.

1 comments:

chocolatemessx10 said...

Sadey - I love you!