11.25.2010

The List

I've gotta do it. My thankful list. Mom used to have us write one when we were little or have us list them off at the table. Ever since then I think it has been a little tradition of mine to grab a pen an paper, or in this case my laptop, and write down things that I am vry grateful for this Thanksgiving. If I could list everything I would be here for days, but here are the few that are, for the moment, my greatest blessings in no particular order.

* Nicky Wayne for being my better half (most of the time haha)
* My parents and siblings each for calling me when I need a smile
* The Allman family for their friendship, acceptance, and the examples they are to me
* My religion for being the rock I have that I know will never go away
* Music and the talents I've had the opportunity to share
* The Chadwick family for making me feel like family and for being examples
* Our DVR and the hours of joy it brings :)
* My job and the smiles that it gives me
* School and the opportunity I have to learn
* My new contacts that will fix my astigmatism
* Friends that can make me laugh so hard I alsmot pee
* Blogging and the therapy it provides me to write everything down (even if no one reads this anyways)
* Cell phones and the internet. I have no clue how people got anything done or found an address without e-mail and mapquest!
* Yummy restaurants that provide me a full stomach when I don't feel like cooking
* Greys Anatomy brand scrubs that are so soft and make me look skinny
* Mint ice cream, banana cream pie, grashopper cookies, and scones
* Our apartment as well as two cars that run
* Facebook, blogging, texting, and e-mails that has helped me stay close with family members I love so much
* My new-ish boots from Macys that make me feel totally sexy
* The opportunity I've had in the past 2 years to really find myself and to figure out what defines me and who I want to be
* Followers and commenters on my blog. Makes my day.

I love Thanksgiving and the feeling it brings. Don't let Thanksgiving be a cop-out though. Don't let it be the one day where you realize how much you have to be grateful for and then move on with life. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given was to be grateful daily. Look at what you have around you every single day no matter how hard that day might be. There is always something to be thankful for and something to look forward to. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy a little break! I know I will! (Until about 8:00 which is when cramming for 2 tests next week begins! Wish me luck!)

0 comments: