11.28.2010

Decorating

This afternoon has been aweseome. Nick and I went and bought our first Christmas tree together. A few things I've learned about buying real trees: 

1. Wear clothes that will make you SWEAT because it's so cold outside and choosing a Christmas tree is a big deal and takes time!
2. Don't do it on the day after a blizzard which happens to be windy. It makes the cold feel even colder.
3. Have a vaccum handy because pine needles are already showing up in places a tree has never come close to.
4. Trees scratch the roof of cars.
I think those are the only lessons I've learned about tree hunting so far


Before lugging the tree in we had to get rid of some of this:

Snow. Everywhere. This guy took care of that :)

Once that was taken care of it was on to the decorating. I was so excited to put our tree up together. I think it's so fun to do things like this on your own as a couple. Makes me realize again how much of a family we are toether and what we have to look forward to.


Nick finishing off the tree with a star


Hanging the stockings from the window was Nicks idea. I love it :)


Next step in the Christmas prep? Wraping presents to put under that tree!

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

love love love the tree and stockings and the whole Christmas season!! So cute!