7.01.2010

Learn, Prepare, and Live

This quote was just what I needed today. I've been thinking alot today about these 3views of life.

Past: I have a love/not-so-much l0ve relationship with my past. I was raised by a wonderful family and have always been surrounded wiIth amazing people that I have been able to look up to. I've hit rock bottom and didn't think there was even a way back up ... but there was. There always is. Those lowest of lows has given me some of the greatest memories and hapiness that I will forever cherish. I am who I am because of the past I hold, and for that, I am thankful for it.

Present: I tend to look at this view a little less than I should. I've thought alot about the present today and how incredibly blessed I am. I have an amazing fiance who treats me with such respect and love. I have a family who I love with all my heart. I have my new family in Heber who is just an extension of my own and examples that I know are irreplacable. I have the opportunity to go to school to someday be able to do what I love and enjoy. I have a job that is perfect for me and is truly a blessing in my life. I have friends, new and old, that I sometimes think I'd be lost without. I have been blessed to be a part of the only true church and have a Father in Heaven who I know loves me more than I can even comprehend. I am alive.

Future: I have always been a little afraid of looking at my future because what I saw wasn't where I wanted to be. I can't remember a time looking into my future and being completely content with where I was headed. I can say, now, that I am. I am going to be sealed to my eternal companion in 6 weeks. I couldn't have even imagined someone better for me. I know that with him by my side, anything is possible.

Take a moment to reflect on the past, enjoy the present, and plan for your future. Look at all the blessings that have been, are, and will be because of the choices you've made in your life.

I'm going to end with the words from a very smart and old tortoise:

Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

1 comments:

Jordan and Kristi said...

Love this post girl! And love you! This is really such a great perspective on life!! So glad we're friends xoxo