7.15.2010

Yesterday Was Awesome

Okay, yesterday was a long day, but aweseome. I woke up early (my definition of 'early' is debatable, but just go with it) and went to Pleasant Grove to pick up my buddy for the day. I babysat Malia while Kelly and Beth celebrated Beth's birthday. I just have to say, she is the cutest thing ever! Yes, I understand that I am totally biased but she is so fun. First we went to Wal-Mart and 3 people stopped me in the store just to say how cute she was while little miss put on a show that melted everyone's heart.

After some errands it was off to the mall. I needed to find me some jewelry to wear for my bridals on Saturday. Little miss and I (mostly I) got hungry. We shared some food and juice at the mall. That may have been the best part with her. She is such a character and is so funny! Anywho, from there we went to Icing to look at some jewelry. Oh. My. Gosh. Malia was in  H E A V E N. Her eyes got all big and she didn't know where to look! All she could say was "Ooh ... sparkles!" over and over again at every new thing she pointed at. She kept giggling when she'd see something new. I put some bulky pink pearls on her and she just about died! She's definietly a girl! I bought her a little flower clip for her hair. It was so so fun and I even found what I went in there to look for. We walked around the mall for a little longer looking for something for me to wear to the wedding luncheon to no avail. Little miss did, however, LOVE the sparkly floor of Forever21.

After the mall we went to Momma and Poppa Stika's house cause I needed to print a few things off. We got there just in time to see Dad, Taylor, and Savannah leave for youth conference at Flaming Gorge. They were so happy that they got to see her. When we went inside the house little miss immediately fell in love with Sabastain (my parent's bichon). You know how when people talk to babies they get this high voice and get all cuddly? She did that with the dog saying "Hi pretty puppy! Hi pretty puppy!" She laid a doily on him and helped him go 'night night'. I gave her a little piece of chocolate, or two, and ooh she loves that stuff! (Beth I know you are reading this and laughing ... It's my job to spoil her right? Right. hahaha)

I needed to get my nails done and I thought hey, I'll take little miss and she can get hers done too. Can I just tell you how much she love love loved getting that done?? They pulled up a chair next to me for her and did my nails first. She asked about a million 'what's that' which was so cute. She was super curious and was SO good while they did my nails. While mine started to dry it was her turn. She sat so still and kept saying "Sadey! Sparkles!" They painted her toes and nails hot pink with some sparkles over them and a few little white flowers. It was killing me how cute they looked! After that we paid and said goodbye to all the ladies in the nail salon who were dying at how cute little miss is :)

After the nails it was time to drop little miss back off at Nana's for a nap. (I sure do love that Nana by the way. She's such a sweet lady!) It was so much fun to spend the morning with that cutie and really see her smiling. I love you Malia!

So you are probably reading this thinking Really? Is this girl almost done?? Well, just in case you are really wondering that, the answer is no. I have more to say!

After dropping off little miss it was time for more shopping! I usually am not a huge fan of shopping. in fact, I find it to be pretty much a pain alot of the time, but if I'm in the mood for shopping, it's nuts. I met up with Nick's momma and little sister Haley at 2:30 at TJ Max. Debbie is looking for the dress for the wedding, I was looking for a dress to wear to the luncheon, and Haley was looking for more clothes to fill up her closet :) I found the dress there which was aweseome. It's super classy. Love it. After that it was off to Dressed in White and the Distribution Center to look for a temple dress. What an aweseome experience. I'm going through all of this for the first time and it really is amazing. I'm so blessed to not only know what I know, but to have the opportunity to learn so much and grow like I have lately. It's been an aweseome thing to see such a change in myself. Anyways, we found the temple dress (which got me teary eyed in the dressing room I admit). After that I had class ... which I sluffed. Sometimes, you just need a break, so I took it! Debbie, Haley, and I went to see Nick at work and bring him lunch. I showed him my jewelry and dress finds which I don't think he cared much about but he said they were cute and I'd look beautiful in anything anyways. He melts my heart ... Sigh ... okay, I'm back. After that the 3 girls went to eat us some Chinese Food. We tried out a new place next to Sensuous Sandwiches in Orem. It was heaven! Legit chinese food that was aweseome! It's only a few blocks from Nicks place which I am very happy about :) It was off to Burlington after that. We were there for-eh-ver. We all tried on a million different things, found baby Ayden the CUTEST black suit and tie and some toys, looked at jewelry, and even took a second to sit down on a bed in the home furnishings department lol. After that it was time to say goodbye. I have so much fun with those girls. I'm so grateful for a soon-to-be mother-in-law that I get along with so well and look up to so much.
I ended the night with cleaning, a little reality tv catch-up, and some Nick time. I'd say all-in-all, yesterday was awesome.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Sadey! Malia has shown me her pretty sparkles a million times! She LOVED getting them done. I still can't believe you took a 2 year old for a mani and a pedi. It cracks me up! Thanks for being the most amazing gal ever. I love your stinking guts!