7.23.2010

Flash-backs and Flash-forwards

Okay so the past 3 days have been absolutely lovely.

Tuesday: After work Nick and I finally got around to picking up our invitations from ProDigital Photos. They are amazing amazing for any prints by the way with such cute stuff! Highly suggest. After we picked them up we were off to Heber City to put em all in envelopes, seal them up, and send them out to all of our friends and family. Once that job was done (we sent around 475 invitations) it was time to pick out some pictures of my Nicky Wayne for the wedding vid. Ohmagosh. Can I just tell you what a cutie pie he was?? He used to have blonde hair growing up. All his baby pictures totally look like he does now with those cutie ears :) It was fun to go through those and his mission letters home and stuff. I'm so proud of him for everything he has overcome and the person that he has allowed himself to become.

Wednesday: Wednesday's are my day off, and Nicks day to work 16 hours. I miss him bunches but I sure do get alot of wedding stuff done on those days. This Wednesday I slept in till 9ish then decided to wake up and get going. First it was off to Mom's to give her our half (more like our 3/4) of the invitations to get mailed out. I hung out with her and Savannah for a while then went to visit Nick at work. I brought him a book I found for him on Amazon that he has wanted to read for a little while. Amazon, by the way, is one of my favorite finds. This book for example was at Barnes & Noble for 20something dollars and I bought it for 8.73 after taxes and shipping on Amazon. Love saving money where we can! Anyways, it was good to stop by and see him and steal a kiss or two. After that I went to work to pick up my check and drop off the wedding invites to my work friends. From there it was errands at Wal-Mart. I texted Shaylynn and decided that we should go get some food. We went to Sensuous Sandwiches in Orem which is one Shay and I like to visit often. After enjoying the sandwiches and good conversation we got us some snowies and headed to her floral warehouse to check out some hard goods for my bouquet. Seriously, that thing is going to be aweseome. And so worth the money that Nick might be thinking is a little too much for flowers :P The rest of the night was spent studying physiology and catching up on a few of my favorite shows: Cougartown and Castle. Love Love.

Thursday: Yesterday was so great! I worked till 4:30 (which was not so great because it seriously felt like time was moving backwards) But nonetheless, 4:30 did come and I went over to Nick's place. We decided that tonight was the night to check out some apartments so that we aren't living on the streets when we return from the honeymoon. We looked at quite a few and I was getting pretty discouraged about it. I had a feeling that it was going to be fine. I kept hearing Debbie and her positive attitude reminding me 'The Lord has what we need ready for us, and the right time for us to find it'. Well Debbie, you were right. It was the last one we were going to look at. A basement apartment which I didn't love the idea of but I thought hey, why not just look. We pulled up and I loved it! It's a 3 story home close-ish to Mountain View and Orem elementary. It's a cute red house with white pillars and black shudders. SO cute! Our apartment is the newly remodeled 2 bed 1 bath. there are big windows in every room making it so it doesn't feel like a basement. I kept flashing forward to our new lives together and everything we have to look forward to. We left and I told Nick I was in love and had a really good feeling about it. We called Max, our new landlord, a few hours later and told him we would take it! I am such a girl and already have decorating ideas for our new love nest :) Huge stress lifted off Nick and I's shoulders. Finding such a nice place, lower than our expected price range, with such a nice landlord I feel like is such a blessing. It's amazing what can happen. After the apartment hunt we stopped by and talked to Nick's brother Ryan for a little bit and it was off to Wilson Diamonds. I bought Nick's ring and he bought my 2 wedding bands (one for each side of course!) They bring so much to my ring and it was fun to see Nick with a ring on. I'm SO excited for him to have that sucker on. (P.S. Who's idea was it anyways to have the girls appear to be taken by the wearing of the engagement ring but the guys have no sign of his no-longer-single status? Hello!) Anyways, after the ring shopping we went and grabbed some food at the Training Table, which is not as good as I remember it being by the way. At 9:30 we met up with some good friends at Farr frozen yogurt and ice cream. We got kicked out at 10:15 and finally got in out cars at 12:35. We sure do like hanging out with Scott and Sarah!

It was a little rough to wake up this morning let's be honest, but so worth it! After work today it's time at the gym for us two lovebirds and then it's off to PG Pool to enjoy some much needed sunshine :) P.S. Only 20 days!!

3 comments:

Jolyn Lloyd Matthews said...

Awe! How much fun! Your new little place sounds adorable!

Jordan and Kristi said...

You've been so busy lately omg! Your invitations are so cute! La la love them! And seriously it's the best feeling when your man has his ring on! I can't believe how soon the wedding is I told you it would go by way fast! Yay!! Love you!

AmberDanielle said...

Sadey, you are too cute! Love your blog!