8.12.2010

Introducing ... The Chadwicks!

It's official: We're married! The day before the wedding might have been a little bit of a nightmare but the wedding day was anything but! It was absolutely perfect.

5:00 sure came early that morning. I woke up at 5 to get my makeup done, get organized, and get to my hair appointment by 5:30. The hair turned out awesome and I raced back to my parents house to change and head up to Bountiful. Nick and I stopped off to grab some gas and we were off! I was so giddy and happy the whole way up. Nick was smiley and quiet. He gets quiet when he's nervous which I think is the cutest. He was just grinning. This is what we saw when we pulled into the temple parking lot.

 Absolutely beautiful isn't it?
We took this just before getting out to go get sealed. 

The temple was absolutely perfect. We were so grateful to have friends and family who went out of their way to be with us. The sealer was such a sweetie and had some awesome advice and words of wisdom. After that we got ready and it was time to head outside. We got hugs and kisses and congratulations then took some pictures. After everyone left we took pictures of just Nick and I around the temple.

















From the temple we drove down to Pleasant Grove to get ready for the luncheon. There were people running around getting food and flowers ready. It was so fun to see family and friends there that we don't get to visit with very often. We served chicken cordon bleu over rice, salad, and breadsticks. When the eating started winding down we showed the wedding video which made us laugh and our parents cry. Our dads both gave a little speech which was the cutest to hear. Nick and I said our thank you speech and then told everyone to dig into dessert. We had cheesecakes, chocolate pies, and cream pies. SO delicious. Thanks so much Jody and Debbie for the luncheon. 

After the luncheon we drove to my parents house, gathered everything up that we needed for Vegas, packed up the car, freshened up a bit, and headed straight to the reception center. Getting everyone there for pictures was a little hectic but we finally got all the pictures we needed.

















 and then the cake arrived. My cousin Cristi did an awesome job. It looked so awesome but tasted even better!

By the time we admired the cake it was 6:30 and people started arriving. The line didn't have a single break until we ended the line at 8:30. I feel so blessed to have so many friends, family, and neighbors who supported us. It meant so much to get hugs and smiles from you all. Thanks to all who made it. Here's a little of what the reception center looked like:





When we ended the line we went to cut the cake. We both decided to be nice but I felt Nick smear a little so of course I smeared back. We ended up with cake all over our faces and icing coated kisses.


Once the cake was cut it was time to toss the bouquet and garter. I was definitely a blushing bride for the garter segment.Got some good laughs from people though. All for the entertainment right? :)


After those things were checked off the list it was time for some dancing. Nick and I danced to "You Are" by Jimmy Wayne. I was seriously on another planet during that dance. He pulled me close and said "Well hello wife." My heart just melted. It hit me like a ton of bricks again (like it had all day) that this was real and that I really do get to spend eternity with the best man I could have ever asked for. Once that song ended I reluctantly let go of Nick and he danced to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts with his mom. The next dance was the dance I'd been nervous about: the daddy-daughter dance. I danced with dad to "Cinderella" by Steven Carrol Chapman. We talked and teared up the whole time. It meant the world to me to hear him tell me how proud he is of me and of course I cried when he said he'd miss seeing me around as much. Sure do love him. I busted a few moves with Savannah and her friends and then did some more visiting. We visited with everyone for a little while and once it hit 9 we were ready to get the heck outta there. I told mom to round everyone up and they headed outside. Everyone lined up with lit sparklers on each side and we ran to the car. We jumped in the car) which by now was covered in shaving cream and condoms) and drove away.

 We looked at each other when we got on the road and just laughed. I asked if today just happened and Nick said absolutely yes! It did and now we can officially call ourselves "The Chadwicks"!

1 comments:

The Three Vree's said...

Goodness! Could you have been anymore gorgeous?! Absolutely stunning! And congrats! You look VERY happy!