8.05.2010

Emotions Running High

One week from today is the big day. I'll officially be Mrs. Sadey Jo Chadwick. The anticipation is killing me but ... I am such a girl. My emotions are running on overdrive and it's seriously getting the best of me. Here's what I have been feeling lately.

  • Lucky I think this feeling is a little obvious ... because I am extremely lucky to be where I am. I am marrying my best friend. I have two families now who are amazing. I finished Physiology alive and with a passing grade.
  • Nervous I'm nervous for the wedding! Is that a bad thing? I don't think it is. I'm nervous for everything to come together. I hope hope that everythign will go as planned. I just keep telling myself that as long as Nick shows up, it'll be perfect.
  • Excited I'm so excited to see everyone and share our day! I'm super excited for the week of vacation and sunshine too. I'm excited right now that Nick and I now own a wedding license just waiting to be signed!
  • Sad This emotion I'm a little surprised about. For everyone who knows me, I'm a total daddy's girl. It's going to be hard to "leave" my family to start my own. Now, I know I'm not really leaving them, but it still feels like I am. My mom showed me this song and video and it sure makes me cry cry cry! This will definietly be the daddy-daughter dance song.
  • Spiritual Between the temple and my patriarchal blessing I feel like I've grown leaps and bounds in just a few weeks. I see things and care about people in my life with such a different perspective that I am so glad I've been able to learn about.
  • Stressed Ohmagosh. The big things are done and taken care of but holy cow, there are a bazillion small details that need to be taken care of. Pictures in frames, arrangements put together, picking up the dress and making sure it's exactly how I want it, centerpieces, setting up, luncheon plans, it's out of control!
  • Giddy I'm so giddy about our apartment! I can't wait to move in beginning of next week. I've seriously got my apartment pretty much packed up already except for the things I'm planning on needing for the next week. I can't wait to decorate and just make our own little space into our first home.
  • Grateful I am so grateful for the people that have been placed in my life right now. I'm in such a good place, somewhere I never thought I'd be. Nick: You're incredible. Mom and Dad: Thanks for working so hard and sacrificing so much to make this wedding happen. Savannah and Taylor: Thanks for making me smile and being excited with me. Debbie: Thanks for always being so positive. Ryan: Thanks so much for working on helping for the wedding. Shaylynn: You are seriously the greatest. Thanks for everything you're doing for Nick and I. Marnie and Kristi: Thanks for keeping me sane in school and becoming such good friends. I'm so glad to have met you two! Beth: Thanks for being my go-to girl and always having the best advice.
I hope hope that this next week goes by fast, which I'm sure it won't, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 comments:

Jordan and Kristi said...

love you girl! i love that your blog is so honest and from your heart! the big day is SO soon!! hang in there until then..i know it can be very emotional! xoxo