8.16.2010

Honeymooners



Ah the honeymoon ... If only it lasted forever. Where to begin?


August 12th: Once we left the reception center we had to take a pit stop to clean the shaving cream, condoms, and lube off of the car (yuck!) After that was taken care of we were on our way to Midway. We stayed at the Blue Boar Inn which was absolutely gorgeous. 
This is what it looked like when we pulled in
I had to get a running jump to even get up on this thing. It felt like I was sleeping on clouds though which made the effort to get on it completely worth it.
More of the room
Here's the bathtub and sink area. The bathroom and shower is through the door.
We took a quick snapshot before we headed down for breakfast the next morning

After breakfast we packed up the car and headed to Vegas. We had to make a few stops before we finally got on the road but we made it. We seriously talked and laughed the entire drive. I love that we never ever run out of things to talk about. We're always laughing together and seriously I am just always grateful for the time I get to spend with him. We finally got there and pulled up to this:
The Golden Nugget! 
This is the chandelier that covers the entire lobby ceiling. I thought it was so gorgeous.
One of the many huge fish tanks around the hotel
Our cute little room

The next morning we decided to grab some lunch (because we slept in way past breakfast of course) and then head to the temple. We did sealings which was so neat to do just a few days after we were sealed ourselves. It was really a neat experience for me to be able to seal sons and daughters to the people we were acting for as well.


It was SO SO hot!



Just a shot of my sweetheart driving. That smile seriously makes me melt!


Nick and I swam at the pool for a little while and then we went and saw Phantom of the Opera that night. It was so incredible! I grew up listening to the play on CD and I definitely was not let down seeing this show. Highly suggest!



Cute picture of Nick and I waiting for the elevator in the parking garage



Sunday we just slept in and wanted to be lazy. As you can see here:







Pretty sure that was us at like 2:30 in the afternoon. That's one of the many upsides of a honeymoon right? Eating what you want, sleeping when you want, and doing whatever you want? 

After that Nick decided to go try his hand at the Black Jack tables. On his second hand I got ID'd and asked to leave. Dangit. I'm old enough to be married but not old enough to gamble my money away? Very stupid in my opinion. After that we left and decided to do dinner at Chilies. For anyone who know me that is clearly my favorite besides PF Changs and PeiWei. Anyways, we ate there and got completely stuffed and decided to go and walk Freemont Street. Here are some pictures :)







After Freemont Street it was back to the room to get everything packed up so we didn't have to do it the next morning. We woke up early, checked out, grabbed some Micky Dees, and were on our way. We made it back home safe and sound on Monday around 5:00. 

The honeymoon was so amazing and so fun to be able to be away from reality for a little while.

0 comments: