8.11.2010

The Day Before the Best Day of My Life

August 11th: Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. is all I have to say. Tuesday night I went to bed to anxious and excited. I woke up at 3:15 and could not, for the life of me, fall back to sleep! I laid there until finally at 6:30 I got up, showered, and started the day. We packed up Nicks apartment and got all of that moved over to our new place. It was at that point that I realized that I had no clue where my phone was. I figured it was just packed away in one of the boxes and I would find it when I started unpacking. No such luck. I started to unpack all of our clothes, food, and everything else, but the phone was still M.I.A. Still hoping it would just turn up in the car or something we left for my parents house. Nick and my dad went to my apartment to move the furniture while Savannah and I went to pick up suits and food.

First we went to Clark's Tuxedos to pick up my Dad and Taylors suits. After that it was off to BYU to get all the ice cream and toppings for the reception. We got there and told them why we were there and the girl said they had no such order. Ummm ... EXCUSE ME? My wedding is tomorrow. She went into the back and searched for the order and came back with nothing. After completely freaking me out she told us to go across the street because that is another place where food can be ordered. We walked over there and to my relief, the food was there. They didn't have all of the caramel we needed but I just told her to give me what she had because I was late already to help with the reception center. At this point I am getting a hold of Nick through my Dad's phone because I have Nick's phone. What a pain in the patootie right? So Savannah and I race over to Highland Gardens and drop all the ice cream and stuff off. I dropped her off at my parents house and went to meet up with Nicks family and him at our new apartment. His mom was cutting his hair and wanted to see the place. We got to relax there for a little bit and then it was off to pick up flowers and set up the reception center.


I got there and everything looked so perfect. My family, Nick's family, Annie, and Shay all came to help set up. We were about halfway done setting up when Nick and I went to grab something in the kitchen. He checked his phone and he had a voice mail. It was Clark's Tuxedos. WE FORGOT TO GET NICK'S TUX! And they were closed. At this point I was completely exhausted (keep in mind that I've been up since 3 AM) and I just started to cry! The girl at Clark's was such a sweetheart though. She left us her phone number and said she'd come open it for us to get the tux. Annie, being the sweetheart that she is, went to pick up the tux while we finished setting up.
Annie, Nick, and Maddy setting up the cake table

Nick's cute mom Debbie



Mad and I figuring out the music

Pops and Savannah

Check out all the candy!
FINALLY done setting up the reception center

Then it was off to the church where we were having the luncheon. It only took a little few minutes to do.
Shay and I

Annie and Nick

After that it was FINALLY time to head to my parents house. Nick and I slept there that night for a few reasons. 1: Because it was closer to bountiful. 2: We were both moved out of our apartments and 3: I told him that if he was even a few minutes late to pick me up for the wedding I'd probably have an aneurysm. So we finished a few more things, watched a little TV, and parted ways and got some sleep. I slept like a rock.

0 comments: