5.20.2013

The Past 3 Days

Gosh time flies with this sweet little boy. I can't believe it's been two weeks already! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, I just had to share this picture first :)

Happy Due Date Mr. Hudson! (aka 2 week birthday!)
Saturday night was bath night for Hudson and I. He got his bath first and, of course, was his angel baby self and enjoyed it! He wasn't a fan once I pulled him out of the water but once I snuggled him up in a dry warm towel he was back to being content :) He is getting really good at making faces at his momma!




After bath and shower time it was snuggle time. Just look at that sweet sleeping little peanut. I just stare at him when he sleeps and kiss his sweet cheeks and forehead every once in a while. I can't put into words how happy this little guy makes me. I love being needed. I love knowing I am responsible for this little person, and I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job if I may say so myself. I love when he follows my voice because it is familiar to him. When he fusses he wants me to cuddle him, and that completely melts my heart.



This is a big deal my friends. You see Hudson laying in that sleeper? Yes, Saturday night was his first night not sleeping in my arms. I know, it's naughty to sleep with your babies but I've always been such a light sleeper that I was okay with it. Plus, Nick was only with us for a few days and we were up with Hudson most of the night just being a family instead of sleeping. Anyways, Saturday I finally brought the sleeper into the bed and had Hudson sleep in it. I even went the extra mile and slept with all the lights off! Only a small plug in light! I mean hey I couldn't have it completely dark. Gotta be able to look over and see that sweet little man's face whenever I want. Notice the sound machine. He still loves that white noise!


Sunday was a little bit of a harder day. We stayed busy with family so I didn't have too much time to mope around but I really missed my Nick. Sundays have always been our days together. We've always had Sundays off for work, unless we picked up a shift here and there. Even through nursing school when it was oh so crazy, we still had our Sundays. I missed sleeping in with him and cuddling close. I missed going to my parents house for dinner. I missed he and my Dad teaming up together and teasing the heck out of me. I missed our Sunday walk. Are you getting the idea? I missed my Nick. 

All that bummer-ness aside here's a few pics from the day. Here's Hudson half asleep in his Papa's arms. Gotta love those glossy eyes and heavy eyelid blinks. 


And ... he's out! He's really good at the sleeping thing. And he looks so dang perfect doing it!


Here is Hudson after his dinnertime feeding cuddling with his momma. Food makes me this happy too :) I love how he always puts his arm up like this and hugs me while he eats and after too. It's so tender!


Here is Sabastian starting to be interested in Hudson. He was even more interested when Dad held him. He would start to whine and follow Dad everywhere while he was holding Hudson. If I didn't know better I'd say he was pretty jealous!



This morning we had a doctors appointment to get to by 11 so I woke up and got myself ready while Hudson slept for a little bit longer. When I came back to wake him up I was so hard to disturb this sweet smiling baby. I stared for a minute, snapped a pic, and kissed his sweet cheeks until he woke up. 


While I was feeding Hudson my phone dinged with an e-mail. It was from someone I didn't recognize but it was titled "Your Airman" I opened the attachment and this is what I saw! Check out that clean shaven and bald guy in uniform! He looks SO different! It was so good to see a smile from him though. This is the only picture I'm going to have to keep in mind until we see him in July. I have a feeling he will look even more different then. We had some friends of his that have been through BMT tell us how much weight they lost and how skinny and sunken in they looked afterwards. I hope he doesn't look too sad after cause from what his friends told us, they looked like death!

Along with the picture there was a short letter. Turns out, the e-mail was from a missionary serving with her husband on base. They wrote me to let me know that Nick gave them permission to send me the picture and to let me know that he is doing well. They said they will be seeing him at the church on Sundays. I'm jealous. They won't regularly communicate between the two of us, this was just a one time thing, but I sure appreciated it!


After I got over the shock of seeing my handsome airman I finished feeding Hudson, got him dressed and changed, and headed to the doctor. They measured and weighed him first. Check out those stats! According to those percentages we have a tall, skinny, big headed baby boy! And he is 100% Chadwick!


I don't know why this picture won't turn but what the heck, here is Mr. Hudson getting weighed!


After the doctors appt we came back home and I decided to take it easy at home for the rest of the day. I did some laundry, some dishes, cleaned the house, and of course, spent most of the day snuggling. My Mom and Dad came over in the afternoon too and gave Hudson some snuggles, because hello, that kid doesn't get snuggled enough. 

Again with the "I'm full Mom!" face

Me and my boy


 And here we are, still just relaxing at home and I don't feel one bit bad about it! 

0 comments: