6.03.2013

The Rest of May

Okay, I have been majorly slacking on this whole 'documenting my son's life' thing but I have a few pretty good excuses.
1: It's hard to get on a computer and type about how he is doing because all I do is stare and cuddle with him all day and that, people, is hard work :)
2: I write a letter to Nick every night and mail them in groups of 3-4 days so I feel like hey, I already wrote all of this when I go to blog about the day again.
3: I'm busy keeping a human being alive! I had no idea how quickly I'd go through diapers or how quickly 3 hours flies by when it comes to feeding him. Most of the time it feels like I feed him, change him, burp him, pump, cuddle him, then bam, it's time to do it all over again. Keeps me busy! 

So, now that you've heard my really good excuses let's move on to looking at some pictures of my handsome little dude!

Dad and Savannah texted me on Monday night and asked if I wanted to go get frozen yogurt with them. Uhhh ... yeah! We were already at Scott and Sarah's place in Pleasant Grove because Sarah had babysat Hudson for me while I went to the gym. We were able to sit at a table outside since it's starting to warm up and it made me excited for summer nights. I love being outside at night after a warm day when it has cooled down a little but not too much. It's the best. 



On Tuesday Hudson and I drove up to the base to get him all registered in DEERS and enrolled on our insurance policy. Afterwards we went to Jessica's house to hang out with her and her boys. It's so fun to be over there because a) Her boys are the cutest little guys ever and b) I love having her to talk to. Oh and c) Her house is gorgeous! The view from her living room is amazing and it's just such a good place to kick back and relax which is never a bad thing :) Just as we were pulling out of her neighborhood that night to head home my phone rang. I looked down and it was a Texas number. This is weird because Nick is supposed to make all of his phone calls home from his own cell phone. The first thing that came into my head was that it was the medical unit calling to tell me that Nick had blown out his knee or something. To my surprise when I picked up the phone my handsome man was on the other end! We got to talk for 10 minutes but I can't even explain how good it is to hear his voice when he calls home. His letters are just enough to get me through the week but hearing his voice again and laughing with him just makes everything okay again. 

On Thursday I met up with Sarah and Adi at the ball fields in Provo to watch Scott play some softball. It doesn't look like it from the picture but it was pretty cold! I was able to bundle Hudson up nice and snug so he was perfectly content but Adi girl was freezing and at the same time wanted to run around everywhere. The 4 of us lasted an hour then we headed to our house while Scott finished up his last game. It was fun to bring Hudson to his first ball game (his first of many many more I'm sure) but I couldn't help but think that Nick should be there with us. Ooh and on Thursday we got another phone call from Nick. This phone call was 15 minutes long. I've been surprised at how good he sounds. I was expecting him to sound pretty beat up and defeated from all the stories I'd heard from friends but he really sounded much better than I expected. I'm sure some of it is his trying not to worry me but I feel like he is doing pretty good, all things considering. He did say though that the hardest part is all the annoying guys on his unit. Nick has always been someone that needs his alone time whether that's going to the gym or just watching an hour of ESPN by himself, he just needs that. So I am sure it's been hard for him because he is never alone. That's made even harder when some of the guys around him are incredibly annoying and disrespectful. Hopefully they mellow out and straighten up a little more for Nick's sake.




While we were at Jessica's earlier this week we were talking about how all of the clothes I bought for Hudson were too big because I was not expecting such a tiny baby. She pulled out some of her clothes she'd put away from her boys and sent us home with them to use till he grows out of them so that I wouldn't have to run to the store and buy some. How adorable is this outfit!? I think he looks so dang handsome in it! 


Since it's me here by my lonesome most all of the time I have to squeeze showers in while little man is sleeping. I pull his little portable bassinet into the bathroom so I can still check on him while I am in the shower. This night though he just wouldn't fall asleep for some reason. He is a huge fan of our white noise machine and usually he falls right asleep when I turn it on but it just wasn't doing it for him. So, since Jack Johnson music is what I listen to to relax a lot of the time I turned on my Jack Johnson Pandora station and what do you know, this little guy was out. 



Haley's birthday party was on Saturday. We headed up to Heber a little late than planned because Mr. Hudson was having a rough morning. We hung out there for a while by the pool with Ryan, Emily, and Debbie while Haley and her friends swam.




Kelly was scheduled to leave for Guam with the his unit that Monday so Mollie had a little going away BBQ for him. It was fun to bring Hudson and show him off to all of our friends. Later on in the night while the girls were upstairs talking the boys headed downstairs for fight night. Kelly took Hudson down with him because hello, I'm sure Hudson would rather watch some UFC than listen to girl talk :) I know, I know, he's too young for all of that but I love that I have a little boy and all of the fun boy activities we have in store for us. 

This is Randy, Melissa, Mollie, Kelly, Hudson, Dave, and Christine.
Melissa was 28 weeks pregnant here and Christine was 29. Hudson is going to have some new friends running around so soon! 

These cute little pajamas completely drowned this little guy when we brought him home from the hospital. Now they are a perfect fit! What in the world! He is getting oh so big.


On Sunday morning I gave little dude a bath and while I had him naked I thought I would weigh him and see how much he had gained. He was 7 lbs 12 oz! I've always heard from pretty much anyone who has had a baby that time just flies by and it's so not fair. Now I know how true that is dangit! I just want him to stay this small forever. Nick has talked about how excited he is to have a toddler that he can play with and has a fun little personality but I would be completely content if Hudson would just stay this little forever. Especially since Nick is gone. Every little milestone I see him hit I should be excited but it just immediately makes me a little sad because it's just another thing that Nick is missing. Thankfully it's mostly just physical growth milestones he's hitting. His personality hasn't developed much and he is still too young to interact with so hey, maybe he won't act much different after all by the time we head to Texas. 

On Memorial Day my Mom, Dad, and Savannah picked us up at 9:30 and we headed up to Strawberry Reservoir to fish for the afternoon. Once we got up there it was much cooler than it was in the valley and super windy which was a little bit of a bummer. Dad set up an umbrella and pavilion thing at an angle to block some of the wind and then I kept Hudson bundled up and in his stroller for most of the time. Dad and Savannah did all of the fishing while Mom and I just sat and talked. It was nice to relax outside even if I wasn't going to be getting a tan any time soon haha 



After we were there for a few hours we packed everything up and headed to Heber. We brought stuff for sandwiches but figured it would be much warmer to eat in a park that wasn't close to the reservoir. We ate at a park on Main Street in Heber then walked across the street to Dairy Keen for some delicious milkshakes. Perfect way to end the family outing. 


Once the family dropped us off back at home we didn't have much down time. I fed Hudson real quick then headed over to Mollies. Kelly had left that morning and since I was husbandless too because of the military we decided to celebrate Memorial Day together. We picked us up some hot dogs from the drive thru (because hello, we weren't about to BBQ them ourselves. We wanted to RELAX, not cook) then headed back to her place and watched the season premiere of the Bachelorette. It was good to stay busy and have some girl time. I have always appreciated the military for all the hard work they put in and the sacrifices they make to keep us safe but this Memorial Day was different for me. It really hit home realizing that now, it's my husband I'm celebrating. I'm so proud of him. 

Here's a quick shot of Hudson and I before we headed to Mollie's
I LOVE my morning snuggles with this little guy. It's when I look at him while he's fast asleep that I can't believe something so perfect came from me. I can't help but kiss his little cheeks over and over again. Look at how cute his little bare shoulders are! Oh I just love every little piece of him with all of my heart.


He looks like such a chunk in this picture I took of him sleeping in the bassinet. Check out BOTH of those chins! :)




And now here we are. Already in June! This is Mr. Hudson yesterday in the carseat. He sure doesn't look as small as he used to! I weighed him again on Saturday and no surprise, almost another pound gained! He was 8 lbs 8 oz! 


Although he has gained another pound I still thing he looks skinny! He is just so long!


Had to post this one, and of course, I mailed it to Nick today with his letter. Flipping off the camera already little dude? He is really good at this and it cracks me up every time! 



0 comments: