5.11.2013

Welcome Home!

It's Saturday night and we are officially about to kick of a new week tomorrow. I can't believe how time flies! We have had a pretty good balance of staying busy and relaxing over the past couple of days. On Wednesday night after we got home it was pretty surreal. We walked in, set our stuff on the counter, and went straight to bed. Nick laid Hudson on his chest and put his arm around me. It was about then that we just lost it. The mixed feelings of our new reality was sinking in. Our perfect little family was finally home and Nick was about to leave. It was a pretty rough moment but I've got a feeling there will be a lot more of those where that came from but I'm so blessed to have Nick to help me through it all. 
After we laid in bed for a while Nick's Dad swung by for a quick visit and then Scott, Sarah, and Adi came with a yummy dinner. Sarah made us some pulled pork sandwiches, salad, and even brought me a huge Tupperware container full of cookies. That girl rocks. Seriously.

Nick and Scott were roommates their freshman year of college and have been friends ever since. It's so fun to see them as Dads together now.
A little later on in the night Ryan and Emily swung by for a visit. While Hudson was wide awake I filed down his razor sharp nails. He loves to have his hands by his face! That combined with long nails was just not going to work out. He didn't really mind the manicure at all!

The nail filing he didn't mind too much, but the bath he did! As I'm sure you can tell with that face, he was not a fan. Once I heard that scream I think I got him in and out of there in about 90 seconds flat! He complained about that water but the second I took him out and wrapped him up he was back to his happy self. 




Here's our handsome little guy and his first early morning stretch session at home

After getting ready we headed over to Beth's house for some newborn pictures of our little guy. I haven't gotten them back but OH BABY! They are so adorable! I can't wait to see them after Beth works her photo shop magic and makes us all look perfect :) I did sneak a picture of one of the poses while Beth was shooting though.

Check out Hudson and his tiny self in his carseat. This was the first time in the carseat aside from the ride home from the hospital and I still couldn't believe how tiny he looks in it! Sarah let us borrow that extra layer of padding in the carseat because his tiny little head it just way too small for the support that's already built into the carseat. 
This is Hudson in the car ride on the way to Beth's house. He has mastered the kissy face already!


After Beth's we spent the night relaxing at home aside from a quick trip to Target for a few things. One of those things including smaller clothes for our little man! Everything we had bought for him, even the newborn things, were all drowning him! So we bought him some onesies that would at least kinda fit him.



Friday was designated to celebrate my Mom for Mother's Day since we were going to be spending actual Mothers day with just Nick, Hudson, and I. Mom swung by our apartment after she got off work to watch Hudson while Nick and I ran to Walmart real quick. There was a few more things Nick needed to buy before leaving to Texas. We were only gone for an hour or so but I missed Hudson every second we were gone! I texted my mom for an update about halfway through and she said he was being an angel, of course. After we got home we hung out for a little while then headed over to my parent's house for dinner. We had steaks, corn, salad, and dessert. SO yummy! It was our first time having Hudson our of the house and it was a little rough! He was fussy because we threw his schedule off a little bit. Mind you, this kid seriously only cries with a diaper change so any fussiness at all is not his norm. He really wasn't that bad though. We just passed him around and let everyone love on him for a little while. 









On Saturday we celebrated Nick's mom for Mother's Day. We hung out at her house for a little while and then we all went to dinner. I put Hudson in my Moby wrap carrier and he was perfect! I got to enjoy dinner with everyone while he snoozed away on my chest. Heaven.









0 comments: