5.05.2013

The Day Before ... 38 Weeks!

Well buddy, this is the last blog post I'll be writing to you because tomorrow, I'll be holding your sweet little self in my arms. I can't even believe it. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. The induction is pending the amnio results in the morning but I'm almost positive they will be developed enough. They just have to be. I haven't been talking about tomorrow being an 'if'. It's more like 'when' they tell us the lungs are developed enough they will start the induction. Before I get more into all this fun stuff let's talk about what your Dad and I did this last week as a family of two.


Tuesday was the day I brought that delicious cheesecake I posted about last week up to Jess's house. I stopped off at Appolo burger and got us some lunch and got to her place around 12:30. We ate lunch while the boys napped then played and talked when they woke up. We tried some cheesecake a few hours later (which turned out pretty good!) and then did some more talking. McKay got home, and we did some more talking. Then they boys went to bed and we did some more talking. Moral of the story? We talked for hours and it was so fun! Jess even lost her voice! I finally left around 10:30 and got home a little after 11. Your Dad worked a double that day which meant he was gone from 6:30am till 10:45pm. I didn't feel too bad about being gone all day since I was there 30 minutes after he got home :) Jess lived in Wyoming for a long time and moved back a little over a year ago I believe. We were close when we were younger since our families were always together. It's been fun to get that friendship back as grown ups since they moved back and we are both going to be mom's together this summer. You'll have 2 older cousins to teach you how to be tough and act like a boy :) They're just about finished building their house in Saratoga Springs so they'll be just under 20 minutes away. I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty fun summer with those guys living even closer. 

Wednesday was a lazy day. We had a doctors appt at 8:40 in the morning, our last one till you get here! It was pretty routine. He checked your heart rate, my belly to see how you are measuring, and checked to see how much I'd dilated. He said I was 3cm and 80% effaced. Seems like my body is starting to do what it needs to to get you here! Since Tuesday was your Dad's last day of work we both got to stay at home and be lazy. He mostly hung out in the front room watching baseball and the news (his usual) and I hung out in the bedroom watching NCIS and CSI (my usual). I did some crocheting for a friend as well. Nothing too exciting to report but it was nice to just relax. Grandma Stika and Savannah brought some homemade banana bread and peanut butter squares for us later on that night. A random act of sugar which was much appreciated! 

On Thursday we hung out at home again that morning and early afternoon. Your Dad asked me out on a date as a 'last supper' of sorts for our little family of two. We went to Ruby River and had some yummy steaks, potatoes, bread, and I had a delicious strawberry lemonaide. It was fun to be out together and talk about what we were looking forward too most, what made us nervous, and all the fun things we have to look forward to. 

After dinner we stopped by a baseball complex in Provo that Scott was playing at. We watched him play, talked with Sarah, and of course played with miss Adi. This is a picture of Adi talking to a friendly dog at the park. She sure loves dogs! I hope you like dogs! Sebastian is my parent's dog and he sure is the sweetest little guy. I'm excited to see what he thinks about you too!


On Friday I headed over to Sarah's around noon and she introduced me to the grocery store WinnCo. It's pretty much the greatest! I bought a few things and even bought some fresh raw honey and peanut butter that was made in front of me. Pretty dang cool if you ask me! I will definitely be making that grocery store my regular. Afterwards we headed back to her house to do our nails. She bought some stuff to do gel nails so I did my nails and she did my toenails. What a gal right?! I sure am lucky to have her as a friend. After my nails were done I entertained Adi for a while so she could do hers. 


I headed back to our place to get some stuff ready for dinner. We invited Scott, Sarah, and Adi over for dinner that night. We had BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, veggies, and Sarah brought the yummiest dessert! It was pumpkin banana bread with chocolate chips. I'll definitely be getting that recipe from her soon. And it was even basically guilt free! After dinner we sat and talked and let Adi entertain us. She is sure getting some attitude! Once that attitude got too much for Scott and Sarah to handle they headed home to put her to sleep. I have a feeling we are going to be having a whole lot of fun with those gals this summer too. 

On Saturday your Dad had drill but he only had to be up there for a few hours. He got home just in time to head to Provo with Grandpa Stika and Savannah at 11:00. Why were we there you ask? Because your grandma is a rock star! She ran her very first marathon in 4 hours and 10 minutes! We were so proud! I cried with her as she crossed the finish line. She did even better than she thought she would. She turns 51 in July but you wouldn't know it! 


Afterwards we picked up some food from In-N-Out at Grandma's request and headed to Pleasant Grove to eat it. We ate lunch then your Dad and I ran to Walmart to pick up a few things we needed. We headed home, took a nap, and got up at 4 to get cookin. We had a BBQ planned at my cousin Jack's house with his wife Angie, his kids, Jess, McKay, and their kids. We brought some twice baked potatoes and marinated a whole bunch of elk. It was such a blast to hang out with them. I used to see them a lot more when we were younger but now we all have families of our own. It was good to catch up a little and spend some family time. 



Your Dad had drill again today and got home around 2. Since today is my last day with you inside my belly instead of outside in my arms! I decided to lay in bed and be lazy until noon-ish. Once I rolled out of bed I hit the ground running and cleaned the house like a mad woman! Got laundry done, sheets washed, dishes done, floors cleaned, drawers and fridge organized ... you know, the works. Gotta have a spotless house when we bring you home! Once your Dad got home we hung out for a little while then headed over to the Stika's for dinner. We took a quick pit stop at Target and picked up your monitor, finally. I'm a huge fan and I've got a feeling the video part of the monitor is going to give me a whole lot more peace of mind! Grandma made Navajo taco's for dinner which is one of your Dad's favorites, since this is his last family Sunday dinner before he leaves for BMT. After dinner is about when the pre-delivery day anxiety started kicking in. We hung out for a while, ate dessert, and I decided we'd better go so that I could come home and get everything else ready that I needed to before tomorrow. Before we left Grandpa and your Dad gave me a blessing. As I'm sure you'll find out, your Dad rarely cries. He does, however, cry when he gives me blessings and it completely melts my heart. I'm so grateful to have such a strong, supportive, and loving husband. He is incredible. He is so excited to be a Dad and I can tell he gets choked up when thinking about how much he loves you already. 

After the blessing we headed back home for the night. It was pretty crazy walking out the front doors of their house thinking that the next time I walk through those door's I've walked through since I took my first steps I will have a son of my own with me. Pretty humbling. When we got home I took a long shower, shaved my legs of course so I don't have to torture any nurses with hairy legs or something, blow dried my hair, organized our hospital bag, emptied the dishwasher, and folded the last load of laundry. Now, here I am, posting one last letter to walk you through this pregnancy. Part of me can't believe this day is finally here and the other part of me feels like it's been a long long time in the making. I'm nervous, excited, anxious, overwhelmed, and feel so much love for you. I pray with everything that I am that I will be a good mom and example to you. I know I'll make mistakes and you'll be pretty mad at me at times, but I love you so much. Unconditionally. And with more love than I ever thought possible. See you soon buddy. 

0 comments: