5.12.2013

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mother. Nick and I got up around 9:30 to get ready for the day, bathe Hudson, and headed over to my parent's house a little after 11. He was a much bigger fan of getting bathed this way. Bonus point for his momma! :P





Check out that belly button! His cord fell off last night to show off his lovely innie :) He will kill me for this picture someday I'm sure but hey dude, I'm your mom. Deal with it! 



Taylor, being on his mission, gets to call home on Mothers Day on Skype. We weren't sure exactly what time he was going to be calling so we headed over there earlier to make sure we didn't miss it.When we got there Dad was making a big breakfast for everyone and we sat down and ate. It was pretty fun to get "Happy Mother's Day Momma" from them instead of me saying it to all the other mommas I know.

Once we ate breakfast we hung out for a while and waited for Taylor's phone call which finally game. We logged onto Skype and video chatted with him for about an hour. My favorite part of our conversation with him? Introducing him to our little Hudson. Seeing the emotion in Taylor's face again makes me tear up all over again. He is such a proud uncle already and I can't wait for them to meet in 18 short months!



We, of course, had to put Hudson in his 'My Uncle Rocks' t shirt



After we got done talking to Taylor my Dad gave Nick and I each a blessing. I completely fell apart. I'll save all the emotion for another post but this whole Nick having to leave this is going to be so rough. It's so overwhelming and hard to even think about but something I know needs to happen. It'll be okay, and I know I have so much support around me and help whenever I'll need it. 

We headed home around 3 and relaxed the rest of the night. Jess, McKay and their boys came over for a quick visit and loved on H for a while. After that Nick made me dinner. What a guy :) BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, jello salad, and chips. So good! I sure am spoiled by him. 




Nick and I could just sit and stare at our little guy for hours and hours, which in reality we do all day long :) He is so perfect. I am obsessed with kissing his soft face and his baby smell. I love his skinny little legs and the way he pedals them when we change his diaper. I love the smiles and grunts he makes in his sleep. I love the way he snuggles up against my chest when I lay him on it and I can feel his tiny little body breathe. It melts my heart when I hold him on my lap and he stares up at me. I love sitting with him in the middle of the night because he needs me to eat. He needs me to make him feel better when he is sad. It's such an incredible feeling to know that to this little human I am everything. He needs me. And I realized the very moment I held him for the first time that I needed him too. I had no idea what happiness was until laying in Nick's arms while he holds our son too. This motherhood thing is such an incredible gift and blessing that somehow God felt I deserved. Hudson is a week old tomorrow and I don't even remember what life was like before him. He's perfect and I'm going to do everything I can to be the best mother I can be for him because heaven knows this little guy deserves the world.

Here's what we know about our little guy so far:

- He loves to eat. And sleep. And he's a rockstar at both of them for such a little guy. He eats every 3ish hours during the day and stretches it to 4-4.5 hours during the night which his momma sure appreciates!

-He loves white noise. His favorite is an app I downloaded on my phone that plays the hum of an airplane (Thanks for introducing us Beth!!)

-He needs to have a schedule. This kid NEVER cries aside from during diaper changing as long as we keep him on his schedule. It's amazing.

-He likes to grunt and snort. The cutest. It makes Nick laugh every time Hudson does it before he starts eating. He roots around and snorts until I get him latched. You'd think I never feed him!

-His favorite position is laying on our chest. I think it's because of the warmth and the fact that he can hear our hearts beating.

-His mom breaks all the rules she's ever been taught as a nurse and lets him sleep in her arms. Once Nick leaves she has a sleeper that will lay where Nick sleeps but until then, this light sleeper will break the rules a little while longer.

1 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.