4.29.2013

37 Weeks

Um ... ONE MORE WEEK until the amnio! Oh that is so crazy I can't even believe it! Here's what happened this week :)

When your Dad and I went grocery shopping last week I was craving a ham, so we decided to buy one and invite Scott and Sarah over for dinner. We set the date for Tuesday and ooh that dinner was as good as I was hoping! I made homemdae rolls, ham, pineapple glaze, and twice baked potatoes. Sarah brought a salad and yummy layered strawberry dessert and we ate our little hearts out! 


On Wednesday I had to go up to Salt Lake and meet with a doctor in Salt Lake. WorkMed decided that they wanted me to see a different doctor and have a second opinion. Super dumb, but I gotta do what they tell me to do so I made the trek up to St. Marks hospital and met with the doc. I don't know what his 'opinion' is yet but he should report back to my case worker in a few weeks. After that I stopped off at Colonial Flag to pick up a flag for your newborn pictures. Beth and I have some pretty awesome ideas and I can't wait to see your cute self in them! After that I went to Good Earth to pick up these little guys. I'll talk more about those in a little bit!


This hat was my project on Thursday. It's another idea for your newborn pics. A pretty cute little hat right?! Thursday also included me going to Spanish Fork to get an alignment on the Hyundai and going to a NST in American Fork right after. You, of course, looked fantastic on the Monitors. Actually, I have a cute little story for you. Since your Dad couldn't go with me I was just resting in the recliner waiting for the time to be up. I received a phone call from registration for the induction and right when I started talking on the phone your little heart rate increased and went back down after the conversation ended. I talked to your Dad on the phone a few minutes later and your little heart did it again! I'm pretty sure that's a solid sign you like me already :) You're melting your Momma's heart already!


Oh Friday your Dad got off work early and we headed to another's doctors appointment. He checked to see how far I was dilated and I was 2cm and 80% effaced. We are well on our way! We scheduled our last NST and doctors appointment before you get here :) After that we had to drive to Heber to pick up Haley and bring her down to Orem. Your uncle Ryan graduated from college and we were having a family dinner at Golden Corral to celebrate. We ate until we were full and enjoyed a little family time. 

I was so dumb and did this again on Saturday. I know I squish you so so much when paint my toenails but it's so important for me to have pretty toes! I don't know why, but it just is! But what I did realize while I was painting them that it was the last time I would have to paint them before my stomach does some major shrinking and you make your grand arrival! How exciting is that?!


After the nail painting your Dad and I went on a walk to see if we could walk you right out of my uterus. It didn't happen BUT I loved the time spent with your Dad. It was nights and times like that that make me fall in love with your Dad all over again. I sure am so lucky to have him on my team. It was fun to talk for a few hours and sit on a bench to watch the sunset. Our lives are about to change so dramatically but I know I couldn't have picked a better guy to go on this adventure with. He's going to make such an incredible Dad. 

On Saturday I also tried those two vials of Blue and Black Cohosh to try to induce labor. I took them every half hour ALL DAY LONG starting at 6am and it didn't even do a thing! All it did was taste terrible! Waste of time but hey, it was worth a shot!


On Sunday your Dad had to work a double shift so I went over to the Stika's for dinner. We brought your Dad a plate to work and then went on a drive. Your Grandma is a rock star and is running a marathon on May 4th! We drove the race route so she could get used to it and see exactly where she'd be running. I think she's totally crazy but she's got some pretty amazing strength and willpower to do it! 

After the drive Savannah and I went to the hospital to see a few of my friends at work. One of them stripped my membranes on my cervix to help induce labor. Afterwards we went home and walked 2 miles but, again, nothing happened. It was Sunday night I realized you are just going to make me wait till May 6th. I wanted to meet you sooner but hey, you are just going to be stubborn and insist that they use pitocin on me before you decide it's that time! 

Your Dad had Monday off so we hung out around the house and went to our NST at 1. After that we came home and watched some baseball (one of our most favorite past times) and I decided I would go grocery shopping. While out grocery shopping I decided I wanted to make a cheesecake from scratch since I'd never done that before. I had plans to go up to Draper to hang out with Jess and her boys the next day so what better reason to make it and I could share with them! It was a lot more simple than I thought and turned out super great! 


And here is your Momma at 37 week pregnant! I feel SO heavy all the time! Its especially hard to get out of bed and the car. Your head is so low and putting quite the pressure on my hip bones. I'm positive that can't be very comfy but hey, it's how things work I guess! I am so excited to meet you little man and kiss your sweet little features. I love you so much already. 


0 comments: