4.01.2013

33 Weeks

Well little buddy, another week has come and gone. I can't believe I've only got a few more weeks of writing you on here, soon enough I'll be talking to your sweet face in person! I can't believe how impatient I am being! At the beginning of pregnancy I was thinking I was oh so grateful that pregnancy is 40 weeks long because I didn't feel ready and was so nervous! Now that the nursery is ready, your Dad and I feel ready, and we are just waiting for you to get here I'm wishing that 40 weeks was going by a little bit quicker! But, I will just have to hope I'll be blessed with a little more patience :) Until then, here is what I've been doing to keep busy!


I"m still loving taking baths and relaxing. At the mommy-to-bee shower I got a little kit of stuff to pamper myself and put it to good use on Tuesday. 


I spent the day on Thursday at Beth's house sewing some stuff for Miss Adi's first birthday that's coming up. It was so fun to hang out with Beth and her sweet kiddos. I used to be over there a lot but with time it hasn't been as much, but it was fun to have a little girl time! You know what else was fun?


Holding this sweet baby girl! This is Beth's little girl Ella. Can you even believe all that hair? It was so sweet to hold her and make me thing I'm going to have a little person of my own in just a few short weeks to hold. 


After going to Beth's house I picked up your Dad and we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Stika's house to make some treats for my baby shower on Saturday. We dipped pretzels in caramel, then white chocolate, and then drizzled blue and red chocolate over them. They were just as delicious as they look!


Beth, Mollie, and Sarah threw a baby shower for me on Saturday so I woke up and got dressed up that morning. Here is a picture of me just before heading out the door for the shower. I'm super sad I didn't get any pictures of the people who came but I did get some pictures of all the yummy food! And of course I got a picture of miss Adi and I haha



Sunday is always my favorite day of the week but this week it was even better than normal. It was Easter Sunday. Nothing gets me more emotional than when I talk about and learn more about the Savior's atonement and resurrection. The lessons we learned in church were amazing. Afterwards we came home, I finished making the dessert for family dinner (from scratch carrot cake) and we headed to Pleasant Grove. We had my FAVORITE meal of ham, pineapple glaze, baked potatoes, jello salad, and Mom's homemade bread. So amazingly good. After I ate what seemed like my entire body weight in ham we all pulled a blanket out on the front lawn and enjoyed the sunshine for a while. 


While I enjoyed the sun Grandpa Stika brought out the motorcycle. I told him it wasn't fair that he did that because hello, I'm growing a human which means I can't go for a ride! I was jealous. Your Dad decided to get rid of some ants he found on the sidewalk with a blow torch. Overkill? Definitely. But he sure loves fire! 



And here we are. Monday April 1st. Today had been a busy day! I decided to glitter my toes this morning. It was quite the process and I sure looked awkward trying to get it done but hey, they turned out okay! After that I got ready for the day and headed out to get my nails done. Your Dad knows how much I love to have them done and now that I'm not working he told me I need to go get it done and spoil my self. I sure love him for that. He's amazing. 



After coming home and hanging out for a while your Dad and I headed to our doctors appointment. It was kinda fun! After the normal weigh in, blood pressure check, and urine sample we met with Dr. Ollerton. I sure like that guy. He checked your heart beat and measured my uterus. It's still measuring a week ahead (34 weeks instead of 33) which is a really good thing! You might just be a week older than we think you are and that means your lungs have a better chance of being developed when we do the amnio! Speaking of the amnio, we scheduled that and the induction for May 6th! I'm still hoping and praying your lungs are developed enough by then and I know a lot of others and hoping and praying for the same thing.

After the appointment with the doctor we headed over to the hospital and pre-registered. Oh so exciting! Since it was kinda my day to be spoiled I decided your Dad could be spoiled too with some of his favorite food. Chubby's! We enjoyed our burgers and headed home. Your Grandma Chadwick and Haley stopped by for a while and chatted with us for a while before they headed back to Heber. 

All in all I'd say it was a pretty awesome day with your Dad. I just love that man. 


0 comments: