3.25.2013

32 Weeks!

This week was a fun busy week! It was our own fault that it stayed so busy but hey, it was worth it! 

Tuesday night Nick and I headed over to Scott and Sarah's to hang out and watch the BYU basketball game. It ended up being time to talk, play with miss A, and glimpse at the game every once in a while. Pretty sure BYU won though so that's good! haha


Wednesday morning I got a text from Sarah if I could babysit Miss A. Umm ... OF COURSE! She and Scott dropped her off later in the afternoon and went car shopping. We had a blast! Adi and I played for a while until Nick got home from the gym. Once he got home he started up the BBQ and cooked the ladies some yummy chicken. I'm pretty positive Adi ate her own body weight in strawberries, raspberries, and chicken. It was so funny to have a little person at the dinner table with us. Everything I get to do with her just makes me SO excited for you to get here. I love that little lady like family and I know Sarah will love you just the same. 


After dinner we decided to go for a walk. Okay, I decided we really needed to try out the stroller! Hello, I have been staring at that thing so excited to see your cute self in it so I decided we would let Adi try it out. Not only did she try out the stroller but she also got to try on some of your clothes! Apparently your Momma isn't a pro at putting on diapers yet so when I picked Adi up and felt a wet bum I though, oh crap! But then quickly realized we had some 9 month clothes we could just throw on her. Scott and Sarah laughed when they came to pick her up and saw her in the boy clothes. They teased that when they babysit you they are going to put you in dresses. I have no doubt they'll get us back! :) 


Thursday was a really sore day for me and your Dad was hooked on the TV watching some March Madness basketball so I decided to make it a relaxing night. I took a lovely bubble bath while listening to some relaxing music then read in bed with a bowl of ice cream for a while before falling asleep. It was so nice. I sure hope I get to pamper myself once you get here every once in a while! It is good for my soul (and sanity)!


Friday night we met up with our 3 favorite people again for some dinner. We decided to go to Golden Corral so the boys could eat some prime rib. Don't get me wrong, this girl loves a good steak and potatoes meal but prime rib just has too much fat in it for me! I enjoyed my share of sirloin, shrimp, mashed potatoes, and gravy though. Ooh and peaches and cottage cheese. Delish. While we were there we all kept giving Adi little pieces of cotton candy because she would make such a funny face when it'd dissolve and disappear! Sarah found out later that that was a bad idea. (She didn't go to bed till 4AM!!) After dinner we came back to our place and watched a movie. Adi was on such a sugar high she jumped back and forth between the 4 of us the whole time. Gosh I just love that little one. All the time I spend with her and Sarah makes me so excited to hang out with them with you in my arms. So dang exciting! 


Saturday was the long awaited "Mommy to Bee" baby shower your amazing Grandma Stika threw for us! It was so perfect! Everything was gold, black, polka dot, and perfect. We had mini cupcakes, chicken salad sandwiches, caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels, candy bar, and lemonade for everyone. I couldn't believe how many people came to show you and I some love and support. We didn't get very many pictures but here are the few that we took!






Even Sabastian was forced to celebrate when we tied a balloon to his tail :)



After the shower we went out to dinner with your Grandma and Grandpa Stika at Johnny Rockets. It was sure yummy and the 50's diner environment was fun! We walked around the shops at Traverse Mountain for a little bit and bought you a 2 pretty awesome outfits. One says something about having a pretty cool uncle on the onesie. I can't wait to take a picture of you in it and send it to your Uncle Taylor, he's going to love it! After that we went home and put everything we got from the shower away. Your Dad thought I was crazy and that I should just relax but I was way too excited! It was like Christmas! I put everything away, packed your diaper bag, and stood back in wonder. I'm in love! Here's what your nursery looks like right now. Doesn't it look so empty without your handsome self to play in it?! You'll be laying in that crib soon enough :)




Here we are. Monday March 25th and you have been hanging out with me for 32 weeks! The doctor moved my due date up a day so now the "change days" as I call them are Monday's now instead of Tuesday's. Today was oh so busy! There was a few things I needed to return from the baby shower on Saturday so I headed out to FOUR different stores! I came out of them with more stuff for you,  of course. I bought a lot of the small stuff that adds up quick like lotions, car seat accessories, boppy cover, travel size stuff for your diaper bag, you know, the fun stuff. I also got almost all the shopping done for my hospital bag too! Just a few more things and our bags will be packed and ready to go! I know, I still have weeks to go but gosh, can you blame a first time mom for being excited and over prepared?? I think not! 


6 weeks to go until the amniocentesis! I'm getting more and more anxious/excited/nervous! I know we need to find out if your little lungs are developed enough to bring you into this world but the pain that comes from a huge needle getting put in my belly and taking some of your amniotic fluid is a pretty scary thing. I had one with my pregnancy with Malia Jayne and ooh I remember it well ... unfortunately. You sure are worth all the pain though buddy! Whatever gives you a few more days to hang out with your Dad before he has to leave is more than worth it too. 

0 comments: