3.19.2013

31 Weeks

 Hey little man! Here we are, another week! You are 31 weeks big today! The pregnancy app that I have on my phone says that you're probably around 4 lbs and 19 inches long. That's so crazy to me. I can sure believe it though because this belly is sure getting big. I'm suuper uncomfy now and even walking is a chore but hey, that's what happens when I'm doing the work for the both of us right? I have gained 14 lbs so far. I know that's pretty great for being 31 weeks but ooh man, it feels like that's so much! I'm wishing I had a longer torso like your Dad. There's nowhere for you to go but out! Here's to hoping we get to meet you sooner rather than later :) Speaking of ... Today your Dad and I went to our 31 week doctors appointment. I decided it was time to start talking about an induction because your Dad is scheduled to leave May 14th, a week before your due date. I guess the hospital rules are that they won't electively induce me even a single day earlier than 39 weeks. They say 'family circumstance' isn't a reason. So, we are scheduling an amniocentesis at the 38.0 weeks (May 6th) and if your lungs are developed they will be able to induce me then. If the amnio, stripping my membranes, and all the walking and stuff I'm planning on doing that week doesn't work, the earliest we can get you here is May 13th. I'm a ball of nerves now hoping and praying that your little lungs are developed enough to get you here healthy a week before your Dad has to leave. Here's hoping! And hey, if all those tricks don't work then maybe the STRESS alone will put me into labor! haha

Now, all that fun stuff aside, how about I tell you about our week. On Thursday we ran into your Grandma Chadwick and Haley at Costco and they just happened to be matching! I asked them whether that meant Haley was dressed like a boy or if your Dad looked like a girl, but I didn't get an answer out of either of them haha

This week involved some more night time reading and more of you trying to kick the crap out of my book until a moved it. You stubborn little stink :P


On Friday your Dad and I went up to BuyBuyBaby in Salt Lake and finally picked out your mattress. Now you have somewhere to sleep! (Not that you will be sleeping in that crib at all while your Dad is gone. You will be in your sleeper in your Mom's room of course!) We also picked out some sheets for you which I love! They are a little crazy with all those polka dots too but I'm a fan. I haven't been able to find grey sheets for a decent price anywhere online that haven't been sold out for MONTHS so I jumped at the chance to buy a couple of these ones.


I already posted about these but Saturday was the day we took pregnancy pictures. I love how they turned out. I can't wait until we take family pictures next time with your cute face in them!


Sunday marked the 3 year anniversary of your Dad and I'd engagement. Three years ago on St. Patrick's Day he proposed to me on that beach in Florida. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing listener, supporter, partner in crime, and best friend. I still can't believe sometimes that he picked me! I'm reminded every day how blessed I am to have him. 


Sunday was also St. Patrick's day so in honor of the holiday Grandma Stika put together yet another one of her amazing Sunday dinners. Check it out! We had ham and cheddar chowder, chicken cordon bleu bundles, cupcakes, and green pie for dessert. Yummo!


After the delicious food we went on a walk. I love walks. LOVE love walks. I've decided that just being outside is good for my mental health. It feels like I'm always cooped up inside and even when I do get out I'm going to sit in someone else's house or go to a store inside, but being outside is so good for my mental health. I'm always in such a better mood and happier after a little walk outside. They can't be too long because of my back but a quick walk around the block absolutely makes my day. Here's a picture of Nick and Sabastian when we were close to home. That puppy sure loves your Dad.


This was my project on Monday. I LOVE it! Crafting, as well as being outside, is also good for my mental health :) It's a magnetic dinner board to help me plan meals better and hopefully save us a few $$$. I love cooking and I've been trying to do it a lot more lately since I've been home and had the time. Your Dad's favorite meals are very simple, of course: Shepherds pie, chicken and rice, and mongolian beef. My favorites are sweet and sour chicken, ham with pineapple glaze, and anything BBQed :) 


Monday night I decided to make some no-bake cookies too. They were my first attempt and I have to say, I enjoyed them! Especially how easy they were to make!


Last night was another sleepless night so instead of laying in bed even longer, after 3 hours I got up and decided to make myself some cereal and watch some TV. I was jealous your Dad was sleeping so well and snoring soundly, as always. That's one thing I'm definitely jealous about, he can sleep like a rock, ANYWHERE! Finally at 3:45 I climbed back in bed and fell asleep. I guess that's what happens when you decide to get your workout on in my belly and my uterus decided to cramp up and fight back! haha


And here we are to Today. 31 weeks. Check out that big belly ball of love :) I love feeling you grow and become stronger. I love talking to you and pushing back when you decide to kick a little too hard on my ribs. I just love you so much little man.



0 comments: