4.22.2013

36 Weeks

Seriously dude. THIRTY SIX WEEKS! It is almost time for us to meet you! I can't even believe it! Well, my head can't believe it, but I'm pretty sure my body is well aware of the time you've spent wiggling around in there. Why do I think this? Because I was so not prepared for this pregnancy pain business. It feels like my hips are seriously ripping apart at all times because your head is sitting so low. Oh that reminds me, you are head down! Don't remember if I already told you that or not. That means that my chances of having a c-section just went down significantly because you see, if your little legs were down then that'd mean a 100% chance of a c section. So, your head is down. At least we've got that going for us! Here is what's happened this week:

This is a blanket I have been working on for the past couple days. One of Nick's good friends from work is having a baby and I wanted to do something special for her so I made her this and a few cute cute hats to go with. It turned out bigger than I was expecting but hey, it's pretty cute. I also made snickerdoodles for your Dad this week twice! He LOVES them. As you'll come to know soon, your Dad wasn't born with much of a sweet tooth. And the tiny bit of one that he does have he is very picky with! So when I find a dessert he will eat, it's great! And I discovered at the beginning of our marriage that he is very much a fan of my snickerdoodles :) And lets be honest, gosh I am too!


I figured that I don't have a picture of what my tummy looks like. I mean yes, I do, because I take one once a week but I haven't taken a picture of my bare belly. So, here it is! I've got a few little stretchmarkies but not much at all. Sure hope it stays that way! I weighed myself this morning and I'm still at a 20lb weight gain, which is healthy and not too much, even thought it feels like a lot more than 20 lbs! Especially when I'm trying to roll over or changing from sitting to standing. Ouch!!


Here is how I spent my Thursday afternoon. I had a doctors appointment first at 1:15 then had my NST at 2:00. My bleeding was definitely increased that day so when the doctor checked me to see how far I am dilated I think he finally realized just how much I am actually bleeding. So, he walked me over to the ultrasound room just to make sure everything still looked okay with the placenta and your handsome self. And of course, both looked great! I'm thinking it's probably just my cervix bleeding, but still, checking on you twice a week definitely gives me peace of mind. The doctor also checked me for GBS or group-b streptococcus and we will find out the results on that at my next appointment I think. If that comes back positive the only thing they'll do different is give me antibiotics during labor to hopefully prevent you from getting an infection. 


On Friday I went to lunch with Mollie, McKenzie, and her sweet little girl Quinn. Kenzie is moving out to St. Louis with her hubby for the summer so we decided to have one last hoorah for her before she left. We went to Olive Garden and I, of course, got seafood alfredo and, as always, it was divine. And it was fun to hang out with the girls for a little bit and get out of the house. After I got home I pulled out the sewing machine and decided I wanted to sew something. If I have to rest at home, I might as well be productive while I do it! Last week I organized all my craft stuff and found a bunch of fabric that I'd forgotten about. These fabrics are scraps from a Christmas Tree skirt I made a few years ago. The final product is 30"x30". I'm going to get some red minky fabric to put on the back and keep it as a baby blanket for the sister you will have someday hehe Honestly I'll probably end up giving it to a friend but hey, it's cute either way! 


This is a picture of one of my favorite cereals from when I was younger, Waffle Crisp. Last week I decided I just HAD to have it! But alas, I couldn't find it anywhere and some people even told me that they stopped making it. So, in a last stitch effort to try and find some I asked my friends on Facebook if they knew somewhere that still sold it, and my awesome friends came through. They informed me that Harmons still sells it! So, off your Dad and I went and bought 2 boxes, just cause we could :) Gotta love the food cravings! My other food craving is Kit Kat bars. At the rate of these cravings my weight gain won't be at 20 lbs for long! Haha 


On Sunday we finally booked this bad boy. Yep, that's our flight to San Antonio young man. Your Dad leaves 3 weeks from tomorrow :( My heart hurts just thinking about it. But I'm sure looking forward to July 10th to roll around and reuniting our little family! Please behave on the flight would ya? Flying makes your momma so so sick and I have the feeling a screaming baby might make that even worse, if that's even possible haha

Sunday was a typical Sunday over at the Stika's and after we went to Scott and Sarah's for some yummy dessert and fun conversation. We had brownies with Reeses pieces chips in them. Um ... YUMMY!


And here we are to today. Here's the view I had from my NST this morning. Your Dad playing on his phone, the monitor, and my empty Kit Kat wrapper. Of course. You looked better than you have before on the monitor yet, which made me one happy momma. After that your Dad and I ran a few errands. We ran into Sarah and Adi at Costco which was so random and fun. That little lady sure loves your Dad. After Costco we went over to Runners Corner to get your Dad fitted with some running shoes he can take to boot camp. He found some Saucony's and said they feel fantastic. They weren't cheap but hey, anything that can help make boot camp a little easier is worth it in my book!


And here we are, the end of yet another week. Pretty sure we only have a few more of these until I'll be taking pictures of your cute face instead of the cute bump you are giving me :)



0 comments: