5.20.2012

We are on a roll!

Day 3 baby! Okay maybe not a big roll but one has to start somewhere right? :) today was a fun day! I worked last night so I came home in the morning and slept for a little while. We met up with our good friends Kelly and Molly and their handsome little guy Cooper. We drove up to Salt Lake for dinner and shopping. I know, I know, it's Sunday. Sometimes we feel rebellious and go to Cheesecake Factory, eat too much food, then wander through the mall for a few hours. It was sure fun though. My poor husband hates shopping so badly. I'm glad he was able to survive today with only minimal checking of ESPN! Such a stud.

After shopping it was off to my parents house. Taylor had his seminary graduation so the family was all gone when we got there. You know what that meant? A NAP!! Oh it was so lovely. Naps, if you ask me, are the best. Love em. The family came back home and it was time for some grilling. We made up some yummy kabobs, had strawberry shortcake, and sat on the back porch for the rest of the night laughing and telling stories.

I am so grateful for the memories and relationship that we have with my family. Every Sunday we have the tradition of heading to my parents after church for dinner. Sometimes when we are sitting around the dinner table or laughing in the front porch I realize how blessed I am. I have a better family than I could have ever asked for, a husband who adores me, and more friends who love an support me than I deserve. Life is good.

Picture note:
- the view is what I saw walking onto my porch this morning at sunrise. Utah is beautiful.
-the cake was my breakfast. No wonder I'm so skinny! Haha! What's a girl to do when she is almost too tired to chew, let alone actually MAKE something.
-don't worry, those bare feet aren't mine! That's nicks tan line (and by tan line I mean burn line) from the softball games yesterday.
-the shoes are my newest addition to my nursing apparel. I love em!!
-the gun has a pretty cool story. That gun is a gun my dad shot with my grandpa before he could hold it up by himself. My grandpa would rest the muzzle on his shoulder so my dad could shoot. Grandpa had the gun custom made which means it is one of a kind. The detail and wood grain is amazing. I love that my family has such history, memories, and heirlooms that I can pass on. I'm all about the sentiment. That is one of the biggest reasons for me writing this blog. I want my kids and future generations to know where they come from and the people that helped bring them to where they are, wherever that might be.

0 comments: