11.29.2012

Elder Stika

Yesterday was a pretty rough day little man. We dropped your Uncle Taylor off at the MTC for his mission. He is going to the Virginia Richmond mission for the next 2 years. I am so excited for that boy but so sad that I don't get to see him for so long. Taylor is the clown of the family. He's also the one with the most muscles! (If he doesn't come back from his mission all chunky!) Hehe Yesterday morning we all went to Jims Restaurant in American Fork for our 'last supper' as a family. It wasn't much of a supper but it was sure some yummy breakfast food! After that we headed to the Provo to take some pictures and then it was off to the MTC. We pulled up and piled out of the car. Taylor gave each of us a hug and we said our goodbyes. He looked SO excited and so much like a missionary. He smiled, waved, grabbed his bag, and walked away. Nana, Poppa, Savannah, your Dad, and I piled into the car and just cried. We drove in silence except for the sniffles for a while then decided we were going to keep ourselves busy so we didn't start crying again :) We decided to head to a movie. Savannah and I went and saw the last Twilight movie while Nick, Nana, and Poppa went to the movie Lincoln. After that we had to run home to let Sabastian out to use the bathroom and off we all went to see the lights in Spanish Fork. It's something we have done every year since I can remember  After that we grabbed some dinner and headed home. It was fun to be out all day to keep us busy. I haven't really been too sad since we dropped him off because I know that is the best place for him and it's exactly where he worked so hard to be.

It makes me so sad to think that he won't get to meet your sweet self until you are a hear and a half old. That's such a long time dangit! We will be sure to show you lots of pictures of Taylor and show him lots of pictures of you so that you two are at least acquainted by the time he gets back home :) Here are a few pictures of yesterday.








Before I forget ... You have been hanging out with Momma for 15 weeks this week! Well, it was exactly 15 weeks on Tuesday.
Check yourself out little man! You are sure making my belly bigger. I started feeling some stretching in what's called my 'inguinal ligament' when I was walking today and ooh baby that sure didn't feel good! You momma has a not-so-good back. She has what's called a 'slipped disc' and 'sciatic pain'. Big words, I know. Basically I hurt kind of a lot even before you and I started hanging out and it's getting a little bit worse the bigger and stronger you get. But hey, I say it is WELL worth it!

 On Monday when I was at work I was helping a patient transfer from the bed to a wheelchair and she fell pulling me down with her. It bent my back pretty funny and I haven't been able to go to work since. That might sound nice to some people but since your Momma loves her job a whole lot so being out of work is miserable! I've been going to the doctor, doing some physical therapy, and getting massages to help get back to normal. Hopefully it all starts working soon! I don't tell you all of this to complain. I want you and I to remember everything about this time together. The good parts as well as the not so easy ones. 


1 comments:

Beka said...

dropping siblings off at the MTC is horrid! i hate it! but you will LOVE his letters and he will grow so much!