11.20.2012

Dear Little MAN

Dear Little Man,


That's right, I said it. Little man! Yesterday your Dad was supposed to come visit me at work and we were going to try and do a gender peek on the really nice ultrasound machine they have on the unit. Well mom's patient had to have an emergency c-section right when Dad was supposed to come and by the time I was done taking care of her it was too late in the night for him to come. I asked if it was okay if I looked anyways and your Dad knowing how much I love to peek at you since I can't feel you kicking around in there said yes. My friend from work and I went in and peeked and right away we both looked at each other, laughed, and said 'It's a boy!'. I have to admit this whole time I thought you were a boy but kinda wanted a girl because of all the fun bows, dresses, and frills but the second I knew for sure you were a boy it just made sense :) I started thinking about how great a mother-son relationship with you will be. I thought about how you will get to be the big brother and look after your younger siblings someday. I am just so excited! 

Back to the finding out story though ... Once I knew you were definitely a boy in there I couldn't decide how to tell your Dad! I didn't know if he would be disappointed he wasn't there and I should keep it a secret until Friday (which was when we were supposed to do a real gender peek). I decided there was no way in heck I'd be able to keep it a secret from him and decided to surprise him. With a little help from my friends at work I decided to put an 'It's a boy' set up somewhere in the house for him to wake up to. Here is what I came up with:





When I got home from work I set it all up then laid there. And laid there. And laid there. Usually your Dad wakes up when I get home in the morning from work to grab a drink, go to the bathroom, and gets back in bed for another couple hours. Except this morning was the only morning he decided not to! I was so excited I thought I'd never fall asleep but at around 8:30 I finally did. At 9:30 I felt your Dad get up out of bed and I all the sudden got butterflies! He walked right past the counter with the set up and turned on the shower. After that he must have got a glimpse of something because I could see him lean over to look closer at one of the pictures through the small crack of the door he left open. He opened the door, looked at me, and said 'It's a boy?? I knew it!' You should have seen the smile on his face. It melted my heart. Your dad was so hoping for a little man to be his partner in crime, baseball buddy, and right hand man. Look's like he got his wish! We was also very excited we found out at 15 weeks. He laughed and said his son must be well endowed! (You'll understand what 'well endowed' means when you grow up.) 

Your Dad turned off the shower then he and I snuggled for a while. We talked about who you might be and how excited we are to meet you. We talked about how we would tell our friends and family that you were a boy and all the different things we needed to get ready and buy before you get here. Momma got a little overwhelmed but oh baby I'm excited! I'm 14 weeks pregnant today! You sure are making that belly of mine a little more round and a lot harder. As uncomfortable as that might seem to me it sure makes me happy because that means my rough and tough little guy is growing big and strong!




0 comments: