11.23.2012

Gender Surprise!

Once your Dad and I found out you were a boy it was time to decide how we would tell our family and friends about you! We were planning on having Thanksgiving with Nana and Poppa Stika on Thursday and Grandma and Grandpa Chadwick on Friday so I decided I wanted to tell the families when we were all together. I decided to color different foods blue and disguise them so they wouldn't see it until they cut or bit into it. I thought it was a pretty good idea!

Since your Momma loves banana cream pie I told Nana that I would just make and bring that for Thanksgiving. I colored the banana part a very blue and covered it with white cream so that it just looked like a normal banana cream pie. Your Dad had to work until 3 that day so I drove over by myself at 11 that morning. I didn't totally think the pie thing through because hello! Dessert isn't until the end of the night which meant I had to wait all day for my family to find out! This girl isn't very good at being patient for surprises. We had a gender peek planned for the next day so to tease my family a little I decided to ask them if they were excited to find out tomorrow :) Savannah said it was FOR SURE going to be a girl. Nana said she didn't care she just wanted to know already. When I asked Poppa if he thought it was a boy or a girl his reply was "You want to know what gender I think HE is?" Guess that answered his opinion on the subject! We decided to eat dessert an hour after dinner and it was so hard to wait that long! It finally came time and Nana told me that I should cut the banana cream pie since I made it. Trying to think quick I said, "I don't want to mess up my perfect pie! You cut it and I'll cut the pumpkin pie." Phew! She fell for it. She made her first cut and a little bit of blue flipped off of the end of the knife and everyone looked at it all weird. Savannah with a disgusted look on her face said "Why the heck is that blue??" I said that that's weird I wonder why it would be blue! Then Nana looked at me and guessed it right. She shouted it's a boy! Everyone laughed and there were hugs all around. After all the hugs we all ate a piece of our yummy banana cream pie. It might have looked a little less appetizing but it sure tasted good!




After our fun gender reveal with the Stika's it was time to head home and get ready for Thanksgiving dinner with the Chadwick's. Aunt Maddy had to head back to college in Colorado Friday afternoon so we decided to eat at 1. I didn't have a food assigned for me to bring so I decided to bring some rolls. But these weren't just going to be ordinary rolls! I colored a quarter of the dough blue and rolled it into small balls. I took the uncolored dough and wrapped it around the blue, let them rise, and put them in the oven. The next day we headed up to Heber City. While we were sitting around waiting for dinner to be ready you Dad told Grandma to try a roll. She took a big bite, looked at the blue, and asked what he'd done to it :) She thought he'd played a trick on her or something. Someone shouted out it's a boy!? And there was more laughs and hugs. It was so fun to share our excitement for you in such a fun way.




On Friday afternoon we went to the Park City outlets and did a little Black Friday shopping. We went late in the afternoon so it wasn't too crowded and I got a whole bunch of deals on clothes for your cute little self :) 


Also ... Our tree is up! Your Dad and I put it up on Saturday and I absolutely love it! 

0 comments: