10.03.2010

Attitude of Grattitude

I love this man. His talk during today's morning session of General Conference was wonderful. It is something that I try to work on and feel like it has relaly changed my attitude and outloook on a lot of things. Here are a few hilights from his talk:



  • Give thanks for the blessings we recieve. Walk with grattitude. We will feel closer to Christ when we do.
  • Remember, the Lord has a hand in all things.
  • A prayerful life is the key to happiness and grattitude.
  • Don't wait until it is too late to express the grattitude you have.
  • Focus on your blessings. Dig deep during hard times and you will recognize how much you have been given.
  • President Joseph F. Smith said: “The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life. Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!”
  • There is a lot wrong in the world today, but there is much that is good.
What am I grateful for?
  • My eternal compainon who is truly is my better half. I'm grateful for the marriage we have together and the love and respect that he shows me.
  • My Parents, Siblings, and my new in-law family.
  • The gospel and the opportunities that it provides for me to be happy and to grow.
  • School and the blessing that my degree will be for my future family.
  • A prophet that gives us modern revelation from our Father in Heaven.
  • My job and the people I care for. They have such strong testimonies and I have the opportunity to learn from them. I am so blessed to be able to work full time and take classes as well.
  • My health
  • The apartment that Nick and I were able to find.
  • Two cars that run well .
  • Where I live
  • The frieds that I have and the people who care about me.
  • Prayer and the feelings and blessings that come with it
  • An extended family who loves me and have been examples to me
  • So So much more ...
I have so much to be grateful and so much to look forward to in life. I am so grateful that I get to hear from our Prophet, his apostles, and other leaders twice a year in General Conference.

What are you grateful for?

0 comments: