10.11.2010

What are the Chances

So today Nick had to work the morning shift at work so he wasn't able to come to church with me. I really miss him not there with me and I hate sitting alone with a whole row to myself, but I survived. I actually more that survived.

We had a lesson in Relief society that really jumped out at me and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. We were talking about Joseph Smith and how amazing it is that he was exactly where he was at exactly the right time to be able to restore the gospel that we are so grateful to be able to be a part of today. There was a lady who raised her hand to comment and said something along the lines of this:
"Alot of time we think about how amazing it is that this one singular thing lined up to happen just how it needed to, like Joseph Smith. We often forget to think about all of the other things that happened before that so that the stars could align for that event. His ancestors had the inspiration and desire to come to America and start a new life. His grandparents had visions and believed in personal revelation and guidance. His parents supported religion and let each of their children choose for themselves. How many sailors eyes did Heavenly Father have to keep covered until Christopher Columbus finally saw the Americas? How many people had to be in the right place to help this country have religious freedom? When you look at it from a larger perspective it isn't just amazing, it's completely miraculous."

That conversation got me thinking. How many domino's has Heavenly Father set up for me to be where i am right now? How many of my non-member ancestors has he put a little thought or idea in to help me to get here? How hard did he work for my strong Catholic mom and inactive dad to be sealed in the temple?It really helped me realize to a higher degree how much my I am loved on a personal level by my Father in Heaven. When I look around me I can see that I really am truly blessed.

Grandma Becky and I

0 comments: