10.28.2010

When I Grow Up

So ever since I was little I have wanted to be a nurse. Seriously. Don't believe me? I have drawings from when I was in first grade of nurses and doctors because that's what I decided I was going to be someday. Well, in High School I decided that I should probably made sure that that was really what I wanted to be so I went to get my Certified Nurse Assistant License. After I had my go at that for a year and a half I decided that that was exactly what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

On Tuesday I was checking my gmail account and saw an e-mail named "January Nursing program 2011". My heart started beating like a million miles an hour! We weren't supposed to find out if we were accepted until at earliest the first week of November. I slowly clicked on the file to download the attached letter. I read Dear Sadey Chadwick, Congratulations ... I stopped reading from there and dialed Nick's number. I was so so so ecstatic that I actually made it into the nursing program! After talking to him I then proceeded to call just about everyone in my phone contacts list.

I worked till 5 that day and I could not wait to get home and give Nick a hug. This was so huge for not just me but for us. We dont' want to have kids until at least all of my schooling is done and this is a huge step in the right direction. This is what I came home to:

A dozen pink roses!

Isn't he the greatest?! After the surprise of flowers he took me to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy steak dinner. I am SO happy and feel SO lucky to be able to go to school in this age as a woman and be able to really do what I want to do. I'm truly blessed and I can't wait for January 10th to roll around :)

2 comments:

Beka said...

congrats sadey! you will be a great nurse!

Jordan and Kristi said...

so proud of you lady!! you will be amazing! say goodbye to the next two years of your life haha so worth it though!! love you