4.14.2010

A look back ... (just because I'm not the dedicated blogger that I should be) :P

Woo! Only FOUR months since my last post! I am so great at this! :S Needless to say that alot has happened in the past couple of months! Here's a few hilights :)

January: Hmmm ... what to say about January?
-A new semester which I soon began to realize would be a pain in the patootie! Chemistry, Physology + Lab, Math, and Nutrition, along with 42 hours a week at work. I'm SO extremely blessed to have the job I do to be able to balance both work and school.
- Erin (Nick's older sister) and her husband Jerry and their first baby! A bouncing baby boy :) It was such an aweseome experience to be at the hospital with the Chadwicks and see baby Ayden a few hours old.

February: The Month of Love
-For Valentines day my sweetheart and I exchanged some small gifts and notes. We LOVE notes. Well ... I love notes. Can't speak for Nick but reading notes from him mean so much to me and writing down how much I care (or TRY to describe it through words) makes me smile. I am truly blessed to have Nick as such a big part of my life.

March: Ups and Downs
-March started off with a huge "up". Spring break! Oh and did I mention Nick and I celebrated spring break in Florida? Oh and did I also mention that Nick PROPOSED while celebrating spring break on Clearwater beach at sunset in Florida?! It's true. It happened :) It was absolutely PERFECT. So here is the story ...
Nick and I went to Clearwater beach and spent the day at all the shops on the pier and along the beach. SO much fun together. Towards sunset we went and sat down on a towel and started talking. Just as the sun was going down he told me to go stand by the water because he wanted a picture of me just as the sun touched the water. He took a few shots and I started to walk back. He was standing there looking at me all "in love like" and I started laughing and teased him asking"What you looking at hmmm?" I walked a couple more steps to him and he got down on his knee and took my hand. He asked me if I would marry him and the first thing out of my mouth was 'Did you ask my Dad??' He said yes he had and I kissed and hugged him just as the sun set :) A few seconds and hugs later he reminded me that I hadn't said yes yet or even looked at my ring, Oops! I comfrmed my answer by a big elated YES!! and he slipped the ring on my hand. I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. I'm one lucky girl ....
We spent the next 5 days enjoying a few baseball games, Disney World, Flea Markets, and time together and time with my Uncle Jake and Aunt Carolyn. Best spring break of all time by a LONG shot! :)
-The down of March was Nick's grandma passing away a few days before we came home from Florida. She was his last grandparent and it was hard for everyone. What a wonderful woman who has blessed so many people not just herself alone but for raising a part of the wonderful family whom I have grown to love with all my heart. She will truly be missed.
-Another up? My sweet sweet favorite cousin and one of my best friends, Jessica, and her husband are having a baby boy!! Great news and I couldn't be happier for them. Can't wait for August 17th to roll around :)

And here we are in April ... Oh how time flies! Semester is winding down and I CAN'T WAIT for it to be done with. My brain has checked out about a week and a half ago I think but I'm hanging in there. Nick and I have set the wedding date for August 13th. And now the planning begins! I got my dress today which is the greatest feeling!! It's absolutely beautiful!! I see it right now hanging behind my door in it's bag all tucked away nicely just waiting for me to put it on and become the wife to the best man I could have ever asked for. Life is full of ups and downs and even a few slip and slides but all in all, I am truly blessed. Life is wonderful and I couldn't ask for more! Well ... being done with school. I think I could ask for that :)

0 comments: