4.18.2010

The Good Is The Beautiful

Oh I love Sundays (minus having to work 7 and half hours in the afternooon). Okay, maybe I just love Sunday mornings :) Church is so amazing. It seems like I have been hearing alot about the role of women in the lives of not just our families but the church and the world. It is so wonderful to be part of a religion who values women and acnowledges their role in this life. I think it's wonderful, but sometimes a little overwhelming.

In relief society the comments that some women make just rock my world and their testimonies are SO strong. They know SO much. They are SO good at teaching. I was thinking last week that "Wow, I am SO not as great as they are." I even went home with that thought and at work I realized that I am SO not supposed to be thinking that way! Instead I decided to change my outlook on it. Instead I realized how lucky I am to have such aweseome examples in my life. We all have different strengths that, intertwined, can change the world. I have always loved studying what the church teaches about the roles of women, our higher callings, and the wonderful gifts that are innate to us that this world couldn't be without. I found a talk from sweet sweet Elder Faust called Womanhood: The Highest Place of Honor. Here's a little piece of it that I absolutely love:

"I wonder if you sisters fully understand the greatness of your gifts and talents and how all of you can achieve the 'highest place of honor' in the Church and in the world. One of your unique, precious, and sublime gifts is your femininity, with its natural grace, goodness, and divinity, Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in your qualities of your capacity to love, your spitiruality, delicacy, radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness, dignity, and quiet strength. It is manifest differently. Femininity is part of your inner beauty."

"One of your particular gifts is your feminine intuition. Do not limit yourselves. As you seek to know the will of our Heavenly Father in your life and become more spiritual, you will be far more attractive, even irresistible. You can use your smiling lovliness to bless those you love and all you meet, and spread great joy. Femininity is part of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance it. Use it to serve others."

How amazing of a message is that? I have been thinking alot, especially in preparing for the temple, that it is such a blessing to be a woman. To have the ability to love in a way that only a woman can. What amazing gifts that we are given and because we are given, have so many opportunities to share :)

0 comments: