8.04.2013

Growing Too Fast!

 Well, I weighed Hudson yesterday and almost cried. He's a few ounces shy of 13 lbs! Where has my tiny little nugget gone? Clearly that boy is getting enough to eat! Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time right where we are at, but in the same breath I remember how much fun it is to watch him learn new things. This week he started playing with his first toy! He's already able to grab it, pull it to his face, and chew/drool all over it. I love watching him play! He is interacting more than ever now. He lights up when his Dad gets home from work. He gives him the biggest smiles and starts chatting away. He must be telling him all about our day and how glad he is that he's home :) Hudson is now eating every blanket in sight and soaks them through, he is doing better and better at night, and growing like a weed. My favorite part of the day with him is right after he wakes up. I get him out of his bassinet and bring him in bed with me. We chat, laugh, and play for about an hour. Words can't even describe the love I have for him. He is our greatest blessing and brings us more joy than we could have ever imagined. Hard moments with him are few and far between. He gets a little fussy in the early afternoon every day but even then, he still isn't that hard. He's just a dream. What more can I say? Here's a few pictures from the last couple of days:






Yes, Savannah DRANK that Similac for $12 from Nick and my Dad. SO funny but SO gross!


Here's Dad teaching Hudson all about UFC

Sunday walk around Highland Glen Park


The cutest little bum I ever did see!

I can't help but stare while he sleeps. He looks so peaceful.

I still swaddle Hudson when he sleeps. The first thing he does when I wake him is shoot his arms up and stretch them up as high as he can. It cracks me up every time!

Some days he just doesn't want me to put him down. Good thing he loves his carrier!
Hudson: 1      Mom: 0


Sometimes you just don't wake the sleeping baby and you let him sleep in the carseat for a little while when you get home. 

This might have been an accident but gosh it sure cracked me up!

Tummy time with Daddy




We went on a 2 mile walk while Dad was taking a nap. I was the only one awake after just a block
Watching the news with Mom

He fell asleep with his face buried in the floor during tummy time. I had to decide to either move him or just let him sleep. I decided to just let him sleep. I laid on the floor with him with my hand on his back to make sure that he was breathing. Killed my back but hey, my baby is still alive :)

Here's little man playing with his new toy! I'd say it looks like he is a fan!


We went to Spanish Fork to watch Maddy play softball on Friday. Haley got to hold him for a bit before he decided he needed him Mom again :)

Here's my new obsession. I'm a connoisseur of snowies if you will. The best one I've found to date? Hokulia on University Parkway in the RC Willey parking lot. Seriously, try it. 

I love this little boy in blues. It's definitely my favorite color for him. 

Hudson has the best PopPop ever. Dad came over on Friday night to watch Gold Rush with us and enjoy some Root Beer floats. We love that show!

Again with the awesome toy :)

More tummy time! 

It was another Day of Hudson not letting me put him down so I was multi tasking. I walked past the mirror and noticed little man was totally asleep. I love when he falls asleep on me and cuddles. 

We went to a neighborhood BBQ last night in PG with my parents. Everyone just melted over how cute Hudson is. His senses were a little overloaded with all the noises and people but of course, once we went outside he was a happy boy.

These two are my world

Nick is the greatest. He burps Hudson for me every time I feed him, day or night, if he is with me. Breastfeeding gets tiring, but he is making it a little easier on me. I am SO blessed. I sure picked a good one. 

And here is little man this morning. How adorable is he?! I keep thinking it can't be possible for him to get any cuter but then bam, he does! 

0 comments: