8.06.2013

Three Months Old!

Seriously, this boy is to die for. His facial expressions are the greatest!

Even this one, clearly he is not amused with my attempts to take his picture

Is my baby really 3 months old?! I can't believe how much he has grown and changed in the past month! Here's a little update on our big guy:

Hudson Loves to chew on his fists. It's pretty impressive how much of it he can fit into his mouth. He likes to chew on his blankets too. They're soaking wet when I go to pick him up. He sure has become a little drooler. When I hold him over my arms it literally runs down my arm and onto the floor. I sure hope that teething doesn't start soon. I've heard it'll be pretty miserable, for the both of us!

He still loves to swim! He falls asleep in the water every time it's the greatest. I get to enjoy some sunshine and he gets to have a nice nap!

His new favorite thing is to stand. It makes him happy no matter what. I just stand him up (his favorite spot is in front of the mirror) and he just waves his arms and bounces up and down. He gets this look on his face like he is so proud of himself, as he should be! It's so fun to watch him learn something new and make himself giggle.

Something he isn't going to appreciate me writing down for memory? He is a gassy boy! Holy cow! It is hilarious! He kinda makes a little grunty face and let's loose! Cracks Nick and I up every time!

About 3 weeks ago I started to give him formula if someone it watching him because my breastmilk freezer storage is just about gone. So we did half and half to see how he would to and what would you know, he's a champ at taking it! A lot of babies have a hard time switching back and forth between the two but Hudson is the greatest baby so of course, he did awesome. It constipates him a little though which is no fun. I've tried to give him an ounce of water a couple hours after he eats and that has seemed to help.

He's still on the Prevacid every morning and night for his reflux and it's doing it's job! On the days we forget he is so sad after he eats but once we get him back on it again he's a happy camper. 

Eyes are still blue as ever and I'm hoping it stays that way! They're the prettiest eyes. His hair grows a whole bunch on the top of his head and the part around his neck. The hair coming in is pretty dark and I sure hope it stays that way too! I've already trimmed his hair twice when he started to get a mullet and his mohawk started to curl. I love my brown haired blue eyed boy :)

Hudson is such a fabulous sleeper. Always has been. He sleeps through the night a couple of nights a week. It's amazing! It's not every night, and it's not consistent, but hey it's happening! And even on the nights he doesn't sleep through the night he gets up at 4 and 7 to eat then sleeps in till 10! Totally rocks.

My favorite thing he's started to do this month is chatter and giggle. It is seriously the sweetest sound I've ever heard. He talks with his dad more and smiles at me more so when the two of us play with him together he is just a little character. He even smiles, laughs, pouts, and whines in his sleep. It's totally adorable. 

He is rarely sad. He starts to fuss a little (not even crying) when he is hungry or tired. And that's it. 

He is 13 lbs and I can't even believe it.

I was always told that having a child would the the hardest most fulfilling thing I would ever do. I have to say, it isn't that hard when your baby is so sweet and so darn cute. Being his mother is such a privilege and a blessing. I am the luckiest. 


0 comments: