7.25.2013

Honey, I'm Home!

Can I just take a moment to say how amazeballs it is to have my husband home?! I've missed him so much and now that he is here, I just can't get enough of him! It's been a fun 10 days! We've gone swimming, spent time with friends and family, caught a few baseball games, gone out on a couple dates, and spent time as our little family of 3 which is definitely my favorite past time. Here's a few pics of what we've been up to!

Um ... this boy is seriously the cutest. I know, I'm his mother and totally biased but seriously, he's the cutest! And the sweetest! And so well behaved! And getting so chunky! I can't believe how fast he is growing. He's tipping the scales at 12 lbs, now in size 2 diapers as of a couple days ago, and cooing and laughing like crazy!



On the Tuesday after Nick got home I threw a little surprise party for him at Golden Corral with a few of our closest friends and family. I actually surprised him, which I normally stink at! It was fun for him to catch up with everyone and talk about his time spent in Texas.


Bedtime cuddles with Daddy are the best!


We went to a Salt Lake Bees game for Nana's birthday and it was a blast! It was Hudson's second game, but his first game with his Dad! How adorable is this pic of Hudson while PopPop burps him? I just love that sweet face!





Buddah Belly! Love how chunky he's getting. It's a pretty cool thing to know that my body is giving him everything he needs. Physically, spiritually, and emotionally this little guy depends on me for everything. And that, my friends, is the miracle of motherhood. I am so blessed.



Last Sunday we went up Provo canyon for a picnic in the park with the Stika clan. Those are my favorite kinds of Sundays. Family time, BBQ, playing catch or bacci, and laughing too hard in the grass. Definitely one of my happy places.






Sent this little pic to Nick while he was working on base. Love that big ol' grin!


Sent this one too. He wouldn't let me put him down and as I walked by I had to snap a pic of those rolls :)


Since Nick has been home he's had so much to learn! We've taught him about his feeding habits, how to burp him, how he likes to be changed, and our most recent venture was teaching him how to give him a bath! Nick is such an incredible Dad and had jumped right into his role. I am so lucky that he's so hands on and has been so great on giving me a break!



Another text for Dad while he was at work. All these pictures were literally taken over a 20 second time frame. He's so good at pulling faces!


Aaaaaand ... He's out! All that playing and talking with his momma wore him out!


Hudson LOVES his PopPop. He even clings to him in his sleep! It melts my heart to see my Dad hold my son.


For the 24th of July we carried on the yearly family tradition of spending the day at Spanish Fork Fiesta Days. Nick had to work that morning so Dad and Savannah picked Hudson and I up that morning and we headed to Spanish Fork. We met Mom at the parade since she had ran the race there earlier. We watched the parade then walked down to Main Street and roamed the shops. Nick got there a little later in the afternoon and we all headed to Glades for lunch.




After Glades we took a quick pit stop at Grandma Becky's house so she could snuggle Hudson for a bit. I love that she's here to meet him and love on him. She just melts over him the second he walks in the door. He's her 20th great grandchild!




Nick and I headed home, took a nap with little man, then got ready to head across the freeway for a baseball game. We met my parent's there and cheered the Owlz on. My cousin Derek was umpiring behind the plate again so we cheered him on too of course :) Since he was umpiring my Uncle Bernie, Aunt Rosie, and a few other family members were there. It was fun to see everyone and we even got to enjoy some awesome fireworks after the game. Hudson was a little shocked at the fireworks at first so I sat him on my lap, plugged his ears, and he just stared in awe at the fireworks. It was so sweet to see his sweet little innocent face so amazed at what he was seeing.


Blurry picture but here's Hudson enjoying the fireworks


And here is my handsome guy this morning. I LOVE my time cuddling with him in bed. Once Nick leaves and I get Hudson up to eat I change him, wrap him back up, and he sleeps with me. I know, it's a no-no in the book of Mommy Do's and Don'ts but he and I both sleep longer and better while he does. I've realized with how much he is growing lately that he is only going to be small for a little while. So I'm going to try to remember to savor the small things and cuddle him every single chance I get. I love him SO much and I'm so excited to see him grow and learn new things but for now, I just hope he stays little. 


0 comments: