8.09.2012

Life is good people. Life is good!

Wanna know what happens when I don't blog in a few weeks? A LOT!

I've lost just under 10 lbs! I've kinda hit a  little bit of a plateau which is getting frustrating but I'm still working my butt off at the gym and counting my calories so hopefully once I get over this plateau the lbs will start falling off again. It has been so good for me to be able to take time at the gym for myself. I feel like my body and energy level is starting to match my personality again.

Not having nursing school to worry about is SO awesome! I now have the NCLEX to worry about which is a huge deal. I have been studying a few hours each day on my own time which is just lovely. This week I have been doing Kaplan NCLEX prep. It's a 4 day course that teaches you how to test and important nursing points to remember. 9-4 makes for a looong day but I think it'll pay off when it comes time to take the test. I plan on studying more for the next couple of weeks and schedule my test for the last week of August.

Nick is done with school after this week. Poor guy has been so crazy busy this semester. I can't even tell you how many hours that guy has spent at the school on top of his normal class hours. All that along with full time work? I think he's VERY ready do be done with this week. I am so proud of him for all of the hard work he has put in to take care of our little family. Next week he will be able to take a deep sigh of relief and boy does he deserve it!

Tomorrow I turn 22. Woo! Haha Not a super mile-marker of a birthday but hey, it's a birthday! Nick works all day tomorrow and I have to be to work at 6 so I was kinda bummed I wouldn't really be doing anything. Then I had friends and my mom want to go out to lunch with me so I think it's going to turn out to be quite the group get together. On Tuesday night we are going to go to dinner with my family for my birthday because Savannah will be back from girls camp and Nick and I aren't working. Can you say crazy schedules?!

Sunday is Nick and I's 2 year anniversary! I just love that guy SO much it hurts! Tune back in Sunday for some more words of wisdom on that subject :)

Taylor turned his mission papers in yesterday! It's official! I can't even describe how proud I am of that boy. It's been so awesome to see him grow up, make the choices he has to better himself, and to become such a good kid. Love him SO much. And I'm going to miss him SO much.

Okay, okay I have saved the biggest news for as long as I can. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had an interview for a position that I really wanted. It was for a Labor and Delivery position at Intermountain Healthcare. After a week and a half after the interview and a week and a half of sheer anxiety and impatience  I finally got a phone call from HR. I answered and was SO excited but didn't quite get the news I wanted to. It was good and bad. They wanted me to come in for a second interview the next day. I, of course, said I'd love to and hung up. Then my mind got going. What could I do to make more of an impression than I did my first interview. I knew a second interview was a good sign, but I wanted to make this next interview even better. I made a few phone calls to some friends and coworkers and got 8 letters of recommendation from them. I put them in a nice folder along with another copy of my resume and headed off to my interview. The interview again went really well and at the end I told the 2 managers interviewing me about the letters of recommendation and why I wanted to give them. They seemed very impressed and the interview ended on a good note. That was last Friday and yesterday I got the phone call I'd been waiting for. I GOT THE JOB! I am now a Labor and Delivery nurse in all 3 Intermountain hospitals in Utah County but I will be based at American Fork Hospital. I couldn't be more excited, or more nervous, to start this next chapter of my life and career!

I can't believe how blessed Nick and I have been over the past few years. I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams being 21 and graduating from nursing school, married to the greatest man I've ever met, starting my career in a job I've always aspired for, healthy, close relationships with family and friends, and as happy as I am. Life is good people. Life is good.

0 comments: