5.06.2010

Work, Work, School

So ... since I hate just sitting around and doing nothing I decided to get another part time job along with my full time job for the summer. Can I just say how blessed I have been with work?


The full time job I have had since August is so great. I am a private Nurse Assistant for an older couple, Shirrel and Rose Young, in Provo. Shirrel is 93 and still going strong. Sharp as a tack and loves to crack puns. Rose is 89 with dementia (the main reason they need constant care). She is such a sweetheart and so loving. The dementia is getting worse witch makes things a little harder but she still is great. These two have been married for 69 years and still call eachother sweetheart and darling. Absolutely adorable. With this job I am able to do homework, read, blog (like right now for instance), and really relax and enjoy working for the most part.
My new job for the summer is being a nanny for 2 boys 3 days a week up in Midway. Carter is 4 and Coleman is 3. I take them to the park, library, to the store, or anything else I might need to get done. I'm able to take them to Nick's little sisters softball games as well which is so fun. I absolutely love kids and I can't wait until I get to work with them as my career.

Speaking of careers ... Nick and I have been talking alot about what we should do as far as me getting my nursing degree goes. If you don' t know, UVU nursing is pretty outrageous. Well, not outrageout if you A: Have paitience to wait to start the nursing program or B: Have never gotten a lower grade than what seems to be 103%. But seriously, their program has so many applicants that the wait is at least 2-3 years. I have neither A or B so we decided to look elsewhere. We've decided on Provo College. Lots of $$ up front but I will graduate hopefully by Jan of 2013. I can't wait to get started on my career and working hard for Nick and I and our future together.

0 comments: