5.23.2010

Daddy's Girl

One thing about me that has always been a huge part of my life is me being a "daddy's girl". I know you all think that you all have the greatest dad but I'm sorry, that honor is all mine :) My dad has always been someone I can turn to for anything no matter what. He knows what advice to give me and just how to say it. He knows how to pick me up when I feel defeated. Through everything that I have been through in my life I can't even begin to describe the comfort I've felt knowing that I've got my dad who loves me unconditionally and will defend me with everything he has. I've put him through alot and that's something I'll never be able to take back, but I am so extremely grateful that we have always been so close.

I've been thinking alot about Nick and I's wedding (obviously) and I cannot wait for it to get here! There is, however, one thing that I know is going to be super hard. Dancing with my daddy. I've watched a few of my friends wedding videos lately and watched the daddy-daughter giveaway dance at the wedding and ooh, just knowing me and my dad and how close our relationship is, it's going to be a teary one. I know, I know ... I'll always be his. It's just the realization of him giving me away to someone to take care and be responsible for me like he has for 20 years that's kinda hard for me to think about. I'll admit that I'm a little sad to loose the Stika last name, but so excited to start this next chapter of my life.

I am so lucky to have found Nick, someone who reminds me so much of my dad and who I know will be the kind of husband, friend, and father that I have watched my dad be.
I wrote this poem with a little segment from one I found online.



My fathers love
never places judgment on me,
his loves comes unconditional
and unselfishly.

For all the things you've done
to show how much you care,
never lets me forget
that you will always be there.

I'll never forget the affection you have showed
to me, your daughter, in so many ways,
faithful to me as a father
you’ve never missed a day.

The way you look at me
with a twinkle in your eye,
no matter my situation,
if I'm laughing or if I cry.

You have taught me the difference
between right & wrong,
and as I became a woman,
you taught me to be strong

I'll always be grateful for you being there,
through my struggles and my strife,
because of your encouragement,
you've taught me the meaning of life.

I want to say thank you
for being my best friend.
We're approaching a new beginning,
but it's definietly not an end.

I'll always be your little bug,
your muddy softball player,
your teasing buddy, dessert chef,
the fireplace brick layer.

I'm so lucky to call you my wonderful dad,
and I'm grateful for all your warm hugs.
You have been such an example to me
in religion, in life, in love.

You are the greatest dad I ever could have asked for.
i love you.

0 comments: