10.22.2013

Deer Hunt 2013

With Nick being gone I was pretty bummed I wouldn't be able to hunt. I feel like an entire day is just too much to ask of someone for me to go and have fun while they watch my kiddo. So, my Dad talked me into going and just taking Hudson with me. So we did it! And it was a blast! He did pretty dang good considering we were out there from 11-6 pm! I have the best boy :) We saw a few doe's but no bucks. Better luck next year! Here's a few pics from the day.

Trying out a carrier the night before the hunt

He warmed up to it real quick :) Check out that grin!

I also made him a little beanie the night before to keep him warm . He never has hats on! Can't wait to put more on him this winter. It brings out his eyes even more!

Getting ready to head up to the mountains

This is what heaven has to look like 



Definitely one of my favorite pictures of all time. Such a sweet grandpa-grandson moment

He was totally zonked whenever we started hiking.  Rocked him right to sleep



Getting ready to hike back to the truck

And not too long till he was snoozin again :)

Then it was time for some truck hunting. Hudson just stared at grandpa all afternoon!

His favorite new toy. A little bee that buzzes when you bend one of the wings. He loves it!


Like I said, these two were the best of buddies all day. Hudson loves his PopPop.

My Grandpa Stika even loaded some bullets on top of letting me borrow his gun. Love that I have these memories and special things from him. I missed him hunting and camping with us this year, so having these bullets was a pretty sentimental thing. Too bad I didn't get to actually USE them! haha

0 comments: