10.08.2013

Dear Hudson

Dear Hudson,

Tonight I am so overwhelmed with my emotions that I feel like I need to write you a little letter. Sweetheart, you are so loved. I can't even put into words how much you mean to me. My world revolves around you and your Dads happiness. I live for the two of you and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that I am the person you two turn to for comfort, happiness, help, and support. Being needed by you is the greatest feeling I could have ever imagined. When you are sad, you want to be held by me. When you are giggling, you look for me to share in your joy. When you are sleepy, you reach for me and curl up close.

When I first found out I was pregnant I was so scared. There was going to be this entire being that I was responsible for. Something that would always need me. It never crossed my mind how much I would need you back. Lately you have been taking long naps in the afternoon. I love the little bit of time to get things done, but after a little while I am ready for you to wake up. I start to miss you and start hoping you'll wake up soon so we can play! I have had some friends who've said they would just cringe when their babies would wake up from their naps because they wanted more time for themselves. I'm sure I've had my moments when I could have used some more time to clean or get more work done, but all I really want to do is spend time with you little man.

You have changed so much in the past month it's hard to believe. I am such a proud Momma, probably to the point of annoyance to others, but I don't care one bit. You have rolled over, started eating rice cereal, drinking from a bigger bottle, gained a few lbs and grown a few inches and gotten your first real haircut. You are so ticklish and I absolutely love being able to make you laugh and laugh. You are chewing like crazy and I'm pretty positive you've entered the world of teething. You've got two swollen little bumps on your bottom gums and everything!

The reason I'm writing this letter is because of what happened tonight. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary but struck me as such a tender moment. Whenever you wake up from your nap you always nuzzle into my shoulder and cuddle against my neck. It absolutely melts my heart. Once you woke up tonight a little more I fed you and we played for a little while then got you in your jammies. I could tell you were winding down so I laid you on your back and leaned over you. You love when I sing to you and always seem so mesmerized when I do so I starting to sing a little nursery rhyme I used to love when I was younger. I sang "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too." I did the actions where I pointed to you then me then leaned over to give you a big hug and kiss. You just curled right up into me and put your arms around my neck. I had to hang out there for a little bit because hello, my sweet son just hugged me. Once I leaned back up you just stared at me then gave me the sweetest smile. And that's when I lost it. I was so overwhelmed with how much love I have for you Hudson I just started to cry. I still don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet spirit as my son, but I am so grateful every day. I feel so much love from you with every smile and cuddle you give me. I hope and pray that you always know how much I love you back. I want you to always know how important you are. I know you are meant for something great in this world sweetheart. The effect you have on those around you already is amazing to see. You have such a light and joy around you that is absolutely contagious. I hope I can always help you develop your talents and encourage you to be the incredible young man I know you will be. Thank you Hudson. Thank you for choosing to come to your Dad and I on this earth and for making us a family of three. We love you so much sweetheart. I can't wait to see what life has in store for you!

Love always,
Mom


1 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok blaming the hormones but you totally made me cry. You are really my hero Sadey - you have SUCH a good attitude, because like you said, some moms don't love the time with their kiddo's like you do. You absolutely deserve every ounce of happiness you are experiencing in your life, both with Nick & with Hudson. Seriously, you're amazing!