9.10.2013

To My Sweet Nick:

To my sweet Nick:

I love you. I absolutely love you. And I'm absolutely heartbroken that you're gone. but lets not dwell on the negative. This letter is to tell you how incredibly blessed I feel to call you mine.

I love the husband you are to me. And I love that I get to be your wife. I love that I can talk to you about absolutely anything and know that you'll listen to me, support me, and help me with whatever is on my mind. I love when we make dinner together and sneak kisses every so often. I love how housework isn't above you and you help me out every single day. Taking care of our house, the bills, our son, the meals, and anything else is a team effort, and I love that. We are a team. We are in this together, no matter what. I never knew that a marriage could be like this. I knew it'd take work, and it has, but I had no idea I could love someone more and more every day. When I see your name on my caller ID I still get butterflies. I think that's a pretty darn good sign. I love how safe I feel in your arms. I know I'll always be loved and taken care of, as long as I have you. I don't know what I did to deserve you Nick, but I am so grateful for you. Every. Single. Day. And I never want you to forget how lucky I feel to have you. I want you to always know how crazy your wife is over you (and maybe a little plain old crazy too I guess haha). I want you to know that you always have someone here for you to love and support you right back, no matter what. You, my Nick, are incredible.

You are such an incredible Dad. You didn't have the opportunity to bond with our little guy the first two months of his life. But the second you were reunited with him in July, I never would have guessed. You immediately jumped right into your role as a Daddy. You can get him to laugh in a way that no one else can, he completely lights up the second he hears your face and sees your voice, and he nuzzles right into your chest when you pick him up. I know it melts your heart, and it makes my heart so happy to see.

Thank you for the sacrifice you are making for our family. This time around is a lot harder than we ever expected it to be but I know, just like last time, that this will make us a stronger family than we were before. It amazes me how we can be so far apart but still be such a support to each other. I look forward to your phone calls every night and our face-time dates just before bed. Something about talking to you and seeing your face before I fall asleep just makes everything okay. Saying goodbye is never easy but like the quote I found says, "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." This resonates with me. I AM lucky. Actually, I am blessed. I couldn't have asked for a better man to have by my side, maybe not in person for right now, but always in spirit.

I love you with all my heart Nicky Wayne. I miss you so much. Talk to you soon love.

xoxo- your wife

0 comments: