9.04.2013

Sad Hudson

I'm sitting on the couch and listening to my sweet boy talk and giggle to himself next to me. He really is the greatest. Yesterday was a little bit of a rough day. I think he is just starting to teethe or something because he is drooling like crazy, chewing on his hands, blankets, and anything else he can get his hands on, and fussing which is not something that boy has done very much of thus far. Yesterday around 10:30 he just started to cry. Actually that's an understatement, he started to scream! It was the red in the face and tears rolling down his cheeks scream. It was the 'Now your Mom is going to cry with you because it hurts me to see you this sad' scream. Nick and I tried everything we normally do to soothe him but it was just not cutting it. So finally after about an hour I grabbed our teether from the fridge and let him chew on it. He immediately calmed down. Ah, I could breathe again. That didn't last too long so I decided to breastfeed him. He wasn't having that either. Which made me even more sad because breastfeeding him always helps when nothing else will. Finally Nick, being the rockstar Dad that he is, got him to calm down. How you ask? Letting him stand in front of the mirror. Seriously, He LOVES it! Don't believe me? Just check this out!

I don't know if baby smiles get much cuter than that. Looks like one happy boy to me!
So so happy that today has been a whole different story than yesterday. Nick has been up on base all day and Hudson has been a happy little guy with me. Not much of a napper but I'll take a happy sleepy baby over a sad one any day! :)

And here's a few (okay a lot) of pictures from this week!

We bought Hudson a Bumbo to help him sit up a little better and he is rocking it! At first he wasn't much of a fan but he is liking it more and more :)

This happens every morning. The second I unswaddle him he does the biggest stretch possible and a big ol' smile. No matter how tired I feel, waking up to this sweet boy is 100% worth it!


My favorite! He now sits on the counter with me while I get ready for the day. I love that he get's to be with me and I'm not just leaving him in his bassinet by himself and ignoring him for an hour. I get to play with him and make him smile while I get ready which is awesome.

A lot of his smiles include that little tongue lately. How cute is that!?

Some more morning smiles from my main man 

Another plus of the Bumbo? I have someone to help me bake cookies for Dad!



We send about a million pictures a day to Nick while he is at work. This is one of them. Those big eyes of his just make me melt!

This NEVER happens but looks like all the playing with his Momma wore him right out! 

Scott, Sarah, and Adi came over for dinner last week and we had so much fun with them, as always! Adi kept taking Hudson's binky out, giving it to Nick, then taking it back, and putting it back in Hudson's mouth. Buddies already!


Handsome boy in some shoes! They were a little tight and didn't last too long, but I had to snap a picture. I was surprised that he didn't mind having them on one bit. 


We LOVE bath time at our house. It only takes a few minutes to get him clean but he loves to soak and soak as long as I will let him. Usually until the water starts to get cold :)



I didn't spike up Hudson's hair the other day and he looked so much older to me! I think I'll stick to the spikey hair for now :)

Hudson loves Miss Mollie!

Watching some sports with Daddy


I laid him on the couch next to me all swaddled up and fast asleep. After an hour and a half nap this is what was left. He's still totally asleep in this picture. I guess his legs were too hot?

Hudson hanging out at Nana and PopPop's house. Lovely face in the background Nick!


Okay this was the FUNNIEST! Hudson woke up from his nap and I went to get him out of his room. He ended up falling right back to sleep in my arms so I carefully handed him of to my Mom's arms cause hello, she loves that little guy and would hold him every second of every day if it were possible :)  So he slept in her arms for a while and when he woke up this was the look he gave her for a full 60 seconds. I think he was expecting my face and was so confused. Shortly after this he started to cry and cry but once she handed him to me he calmed right down. It feels so good to have someone that needs me so much. 



Drool/spitup on a beautiful Thursday morning. The night after I'd just washed the sheets :) His face says it all!



Look at Nick and Hudson. Seriously, TWINS ANYONE?! Cracks me up!







0 comments: