9.12.2013

Since You've Been Gone

Well, it's been 3 and a half days since Nick left and we're still alive! It's been easier for me to get back into the swing of things because I did this already 2 months ago! For Nick this is a whole new ball game. There's more free time for him with the same rules. All he can do with that free time is basically hang out back in his dorm. Too much free time is never a good thing. It's getting pretty lonely already I think. But, the plus side of all that free time is all the face time that we've had time for. I love seeing his face and talking to him. It makes my day. He can't have his phone while he is away at classes so I wait by my phone when he gets done around 4:30. I look forward to that phone call all day! Even though he can't message me back till he gets back to his room, I send him a whole bunch of pictures throughout the day of little Hudson.

Speaking of pictures .... :) Seriously guys, I'm obsessed with this kid. He's the sweetest, most mild mannered little guy I've ever met! And I'm lucky enough to call him mine :)

These two love each other. Hudson lights up when my Dad talks to him!

Morning snuggles on the couch 

Family reunion time. this is my FAVORITE outfit for H




This is what Savannah and I do with a severe weather warning. Love that she and I are such good friends.



Not a fun Sunday afternoon activity if you ask me. Helping Nick pack up for San Antonio

Trying to figure out if he likes Cooper's big boy chair

Looks like he figured it out!

This handsome devil turned 20 on Sunday. Can't believe he's so old! I miss him so much. One year left!

H absolutely LOVES the movie Rio. 


Hudson has been chewing on his hands for weeks but I think he just discovered what they look like! This is his new thing lately. Wiggling his fingers and hands and just staring. I guess those wiggly fingers look pretty dang cool from his point of view!


My favorite time of the day. Night time face time!

Aaaand this is what happens the first night my hubby is gone. My eyes swell when I cry but what''s weird is that my lips do too! Monday was a rough night, but I've since recovered and we are making the best of all this. It sure helps when I have such a cute little guy to keep me company.

Taking over Dad's side of the bed :) This only lasted about 10 minutes because he sleeps so much better when he's in his bassinet. I wish that wasn't the case sometimes dangit! I want to cuddle and snooze with him like I used to when Nick was gone. Guess my little guy is growing up and knows what he wants!

I send a pic like this every morning of Hudson waking up to Nick. He's such a happy little guy when he first wakes up.

I had a job interview on Tuesday (which I was offered and accepted the position!) and while I was gone Mollie watched him for me. Hudson is the most laid back little guy but he apparently wasn't having it that afternoon. He cried for her for TWO HOURS! I guess he just wanted his Momma. Sorry Mollie! :P

Can you tell how happy this boy makes me? 

Night time giggles!


Checking himself out in the mirror while I get ready for the day. Still loving the Bumbo

This is the look I got when I put him in the carseat. Guess he wasn't too pleased?

Dinner at Nana and PopPop's house

Another morning picture for Nick

Morning nap and he finally snuggled with me! :) 

Hudson in his jumparoo

Rocking the camo on a rainy day. Such a handsome little man!

And a happy one too!

0 comments: