11.06.2013

My SIX Month Old

Happy six months of life to this beautiful boy of mine!


The past six months have been beyond incredible. Seriously. I'm happier than I ever thought possible and my heart loves him more than I knew I could love. Hudson is such a happy thing! He only fusses when he's hungry or tired which hey, I do the same thing! And when I say 'fuss' it's more like a frustrated grunt until he gets a bottle or a nap. Like I said, a happy little thing. Here's a little more about our favorite 6 month old!
- He still loves Rio! I've tried different shows/movies but nothing makes the cut. When he hears the first song in the movie come on he starts kicking his legs and flapping his arms. It's a pretty exciting thing I guess! 
- He is sitting all on his own! Not for long though yet. He gets excited and kicks his legs which makes him fall backwards but he is getting better and better every day!
- He's finally using the jumperoo to, well, jump! Before now he's just stood in it and played with what was in front of him but now he's bouncing, giggling, and waving his arms in the air. It's pretty adorable to watch. I love to see him happy and learning new things.
- His favorite solid food so far is definitely bananas. His Grandpa Stika loves banana's too! 
- He still needs to be swaddled when he sleeps. We've tried to leave one arm or both arms out when he goes to bed but he just won't have it! Our swaddler goes up to 20 lbs so he doesn't have much time left! 
- He loves to have his hands and feet in his mouth. He loves to chew on fabrics and his favorite toy is his little bee that vibrates when he bites one of the wings. I'm thinking that's because it feels good on his little gums.
- Speaking of gums, he's still all gums! No teeth yet! He's been showing more signs of teething but nothing but occasional swollen bumps here and there. 
- He is one ticklish little guy! Just like his momma. The best spots are his belly, ribs, back, and hips. His little giggle is contagious. Actually, I'd call it more of a squeal when he's being tickled. Adorable.
- He loves to look out the window in car rides as long as he can until he falls asleep. I love that he doesn't mind being in the car. Even if it is for a good amount of time, he's usually totally content.
- He's now wearing mostly 6 month clothes with 9 month Carter's onesies fitting him too. My little string bean has just about out grown all of his 6 month jammies though. He's just too tall for them!
- He is SO snuggly. Which I'm so grateful for! He always nuzzles into my shoulder when I hold him and he gives pretty awesome hugs. He gives big wet open mouth kisses too!
- He loves to eat! The sight of a full bottle sure makes him excited! He decided just before 6 months that he was done breastfeeding (probably mostly due to the fact that my body decided it was done as well) so he's all formula now. It has it's benefits and drawbacks but it's a definitely plus that Nick can feed him too. 
- He's beautiful, perfect, happy, and we are so lucky to call him ours! I know it's a cliche, but seriously, he's growing right before my eyes. The past 6 months has gone by so fast it's unreal! My baby is no longer an infant anymore which I thought would make me so sad, which it kinda does, but seeing him grow and the stage he is at is so much fun! I feel like he learns something new every day! 

We love you SO much little man! Thanks for being ours!

0 comments: