2.12.2013

I'm 26 Weeks and Nick Turned 27!

Well little man, yet another week has gone by. We are now at week 26! Time has flown by so far but it really feels like it's starting to slow down! Here's a picture of you and I today :)

Last Wednesday my cousin and good friend Jessica decided to have a girls day. Her awesome hubby stayed home with her boys and we headed out. It was so much fun! We discovered this awesome store called Gordmans. Apparently it's a big store other places but has made the move to Utah. I fell in love with the place! Another trip up there will most definitely be happening soon. After that we headed to Fashion Place mall and did some more shopping. I bought you some adorable onesies from H&M, did a little more window shopping, then we sat down for a yummy dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It was so much fun to sit and chat for a while and not to mention, enjoying some good food! I was even introduced to fried macaroni balls. Sound super weird but oh baby, I loved them! Shoot, now that I'm thinking about them I sure want some! Moving on!

Your Momma has to have her toenails painted at ALL times. I haven't had naked toenails for years and years. Gosh, I can't even remember the last time! I think it was Thursday that I decided to change the polish color on my nails. You are getting so big that it was next to impossible for me to paint them. After getting in some super uncomfortable positions and making more than one mistake I finally finished painting my toes. I decided that that was the LAST time during this pregnancy I was willing to paint my own toenails. That's where the next picture comes in :)


Your Dad, being the stud muffin that he is, painted my toes for me! Although not easy, I think I might have convinced him to help a girl out every once in a while with painting my toenails. He said he was going to retire after that happened but I told him he couldn't retire for another 13 weeks!


Grandpa Chadwick asked your Dad and I to join him for dinner at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate your Dad's upcoming 27th birthday. We ate way too much food but had a lot of fun chatting with family and having a good time!

Saturday was a super fun day for me! Your Dad had drill all day up on base in Salt Lake so Savannah and I decided to have some fun of our own! We went and registered at Target and Babys-R-Us for your little arrival! Your Dad wasn't very excited about doing that so when I asked if he was okay if I went with Savannah instead he was more than happy to say yes! We had a blast picking out all the things I would love to have for you then we grabbed some lunch at one of my favorite sandwich places, Sensuous Sandwiches. It's some good stuff! After that we went to Hobby Lobby and worked on some nursery decorations for you. The nursery is really coming together!



Here's a picture of your Momma on Sunday. I was so proud that I fit into this dress! Your Dad had drill on Sunday as well so I even zipped this bad boy up all by myself! I actually got this dress for my nursing school graduation back in August. It might not look as great but hey, I was just glad it zipped up!


When I got home from church I found these lovelies just waiting for me on the table. I think your Dad missed me this weekend and showed it to me with a surprise (Your Mom loves surprises!)


On Monday your Dad was working and I was just hanging out at home. Savannah got her braces of so she, Grandpa Stika, and I went to Kneaders for breakfast to celebrate! She looks so grown up! She kept talking about how big and slimy her teeth felt. I sure remember that feeling when I got my braces off too! Sorry to tell you but I think your destined to have braces. Both your Dad and I needed them badly. Chances are, you will too!


Here is a picture of your Mom's major craving! Smarties! I think it's less the flavor and more that chalky texture. I was wanting to take Tums not because my acid reflux was too bad, but because I craved that chalkyness! So, I went and bought me a bag of smarties and it's been just what I needed!


Today, Tuesday, is your Dad's 27th birthday! I don't have any pictures of him because hello, that guy hates pictures. I figured that on his birthday I could at least spare him that torture :) We did a little babysitting for Beth for a few hours in the morning. Got a kick out of those funny (and occasionally naughty) kids! 


After that we had planned to go shopping for some shoes for him but he changed his mind and decided he just wanted to relax. So we went home, climbed in bed, and relaxed and talked for hours! It might sound super lame but gosh it was nice! He decided he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (again) and we invited Scott, Sarah, and Miss A to tag along. On our way there we stopped at Barnes and Noble so we could buy a book Nick had been wanting for a while and picked up some stuff at the Distribution Center. We swung by a store next door and looked at blessing outfits for your handsome self! Since It's looking like your Dad will leave a week after you make your grand entrance into this world we will most likely be blessing you when you are a couple days old in our home with a few family members present. We didn't find anything but I am now on the hunt for a cute little outfit that doesn't make you look too nerdy : P After that it was time to head to dinner. We ate way too much food (again) and had fun hanging out with 3 of our favorite people. After that we headed home and called it a night. It was a very low key day but hey, knowing your Dad that doesn't surprise me one bit!

And here we are, onto another week of fun times hanging out together! :)

0 comments: