2.26.2013

28 Weeks

As I started to upload pics this week I sure didn't take very many this week! But hey, at least I got the weekly belly picture in. I'm really tempted to make the week by week collage already but I aint going to do it! It'll be even more fun when my belly gets bigger! 

So last week I made your carseat cover of course! I was so excited about that fabric plus now that your carseat is here I could make sure that it fit perfect. And here it is! 

Since I had the sewing machine out and I was in the mood I decided to whip up a few more things while I was at it.



I sewed a changing pad cover and a pillow cover. I love em!


Here's 3 new friends for your nursery too! Aren't they so cute! I put them on top of your little bookshelf and I'm pretty sure that just about completes your nursery! We do still need a mattress and sheets for your crib but hey, we will get there :)


This is something NOT awesome but I had to post it. Your Dad has this thing with toothpicks and I'm not a big fan. He chews on them for hours and plus, it prevents kisses! Lame. Well this one I found today. WITH MY BUM! Ouch right? I didn't know whether I should yell or laugh. So I said ouch and laughed about it and texted your Dad the picture and he laughed saying he must have just left a friendly reminder. I don't know about friendly but all I could do was smile and think that when he is gone from us for 5 months, I will miss those things he leaves lying around that drives me a little crazy, so I don't complain. Cause I love your Dad too much I know I'm sure going to miss him a whole bunch. 


Woo! 28 weeks! Just a little factoid that really hit me this week: You are going to be full term in NINE weeks! Holy moses! That's so nuts! Oh that reminds me, last week we went to the doctor and talked to him about an induction. He will definitely induce me a week early (May 14th) but since you have been measuring a week big for this whole pregnancy we might get to induce you earlier than that. That's awesome because right now it's looking like your Dad will be leaving on May 21st so if you get here a little earlier that means more time for the two of you before he leaves! I've been trying to get everything together and planned for that time. We've got to get newborn pictures done with your handsome self and your Dad wants to get your blessing done before he leaves. I've made a white blanket for you but I'm still looking for the perfect little outfit for you. We will get there :)

Another exciting thing that happened this week was baby shower planning :) Savannah and Grandma Stika are throwing me one March 23rd for family, neighborhood friends, and some of Grandma's friends. Sarah, Beth and Mollie are throwing one the next week for some of my good friends. I can't wait for everyone to get together and celebrate your upcoming arrival! You better kick them lots and say hello! :)

Today I got a letter from your Uncle Taylor for you. I wrote him a letter from you and sent an ultrasound picture and look at that, he even wrote you back! Here's a picture! 





Isn't he the coolest uncle ever already! You are going to love him! Can't wait till you guys finally get to meet. You will be a year and a half old by then but we will be showing you a whole lot of pictures of him and making sure you know who he is by the time he gets home! 

I want to add a few more of my thoughts lately. I don't want this little journal of mine to just be about what we do every week, but the feelings I have and the changes that are going on and all the excitement we are feeling.
  • I feel like my hormones have really kicked in this week. I can't even how many times I've cried, or even just teared up! I cried during a TV show, I cried when I felt a little stressed (which is so not normal for me), I teared up when I was telling your Dad how much I appreciate him, I cried when I had a hard day with my back ... Get the picture? It's tough! Your Dad has had a lesson on patience this week and on how to be sensitive with this crazy pregnant wife of his :P
  • The food cravings have kicked in overdrive it seems like, probably due to those hormones. Lately I love smarties (or at least the chalky texture of them), bagels with strawberry cream cheese, brownies, and ramen noodles. Gosh, typing those out makes me realize how unhealthy that all is! But shoot, it's probably worse for my health to have anxiety when I don't get those foods hehe Our weight gain is still below what's expected so I'm not to worried bout it for now.
  • My back is still hurting pretty bad still. When a woman is pregnant her body makes a hormone called 'relaxin' which loosens up the joints. It has to be there for the pelvis to facilitate birth (ouch!) Well I can most definitely feel that relaxin hormone kicking right in! My pelvis is super unstable which is making it hard for my back to get better. I have come to terms with the fact that my back probably won't get better until after you make your entrance into this world, but I just hope it doesn't get any worse! Fingers crossed.
  • Your Dad and I are getting SO excited! We talk to you all the time and love to feel you kick, which you do ALL.THE.TIME! It's the best. On Monday we babysat Miss A and your Dad rocked her while he fed her a bottle in your nursery. It was the sweetest thing to watch. It made me tear up and reminded me again what an amazing Dad he is going to be. 
  • Not only does your Dad and I talk about you all the time but so does your Grandma and Grandpa Stika, Savannah, and Taylor! We are all so dang excited to meet you buddy. You are loved so much already!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Sadey girl I hope I look half as cute as you when I'm pregnant - seriously you are glowing!! Love the nursery - it's all coming together!! And that carseat cover is ADORABLE!! I might have to have you help me make one too :) And I love the name you guys picked!! Not sure if you meant to spill the beans on that one or not but I love it!! :)