1.29.2013

Week 23 and 24

 Hey little man. The last couple weeks have flown by and I totally forgot to post last week! On Thursday of last week we got to see you again! The doctor did an ultrasound and measured all sorts of things. He looked at my placenta to make sure it looked healthy and in the right place. After that he measured parts of your brain, mouth, kidneys, bladder, heart, legs, boy parts, and counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. The doctor laughed because you wouldn't stop wiggling! I could have told him that would happen because you sure are the wiggliest little man! I love it. The doctor actually made a DVD of the ultrasound for us so I get to watch it whenever I want at home! We showed some of the Stika's and Chadwick's and they just melted over you. I've watched it most every day for the past week. It never gets old seeing your tiny self all tucked up tight in my belly.





I was looking at baby pictures of your Dad and I last week wondering who you would look like. Here is a baby picture of both your awesome parents!

No matter who you look like you are going to be adorable! And perfect! 

This next picture is a little freaky! My belly looks so weird when I lay down and I just had to send your Dad a picture the other day. Naked pregnant bellies look goofy to me but I just had to share this with you too! You are sure making some major changes to my body! 
Lately I had done a lot of TV watching. I got oober sick of it so I decided to start doing some reading. Scott and Sarah introduced me to a series called Children of the Promise. I LOVE them! Once I finish them I decided I'll be going to get a library card and doing some more reading! Pretty soon I'll be reading some books to you!

Last week I finally got an MRI ordered from workers comp. Your Dad and I went to American Fork Hospital to get it done. I am a little bit claustrophobic and being in that MRI machine sure brought that out. I just closed my eyes and could feel you wiggle and squirm and tried not to think that I was in a big tube. Sorry to tell you I don't think your Mom will be going down the tube slides with you when you get older. They freak me right out! Your Dad will have to step up and take that job over. 


Here is your growing Momma and you at 23 weeks pregnant! Gosh we look big don't we! Sometimes it's a little hard to see myself getting so big in the mirror but then in that exact same instant I remember that my size getting bigger means my handsome little man is growing bigger too!


On Saturday it was your cousin Ayden's birthday. Your Dad, Uncle Ryan, and I took the trek out to Roosevelt. Ayden was sure a happy boy! We ate pizza, fruit, and yummy fruit dip. Then Ayden opened up his birthday presents. He was so cute and excited about everything. When we told him the present was from us he kept thinking that meant it was for us so he would try giving everyone their presents back. Such a polite little guy! We kept trying to explain that they were FROM us and FOR him but I don't know if he really understood until we all left and the presents stayed. After that it was cake and ice cream time! Your Dad decided to tease Ayden. He told him to smell the cake. When his face got really close Dad shoved his face in it! Ayden thought it was so funny and when he laughed, green frosting came shooting out of his nose! It was so cute and made me so excited to see your Dad interact with you. He LOVES kids and is so great with them. I've got a pretty good feeling that you guys are going to be the best of friends.





The drive home from Roosevelt was terrible! It was snowing and the roads were really scary. We had a dinner planned with Grandma and Grandpa Stika and Savannah at the brick oven in Provo. I was texting your grandpa and this is how part of the conversation went:


Isn't that just so sweet. He is so excited to meet you and play with you. A lot of people are. You sure are loved already little man! (P.S. I blurred out your name because I'm trying to keep it a little down low! Only a family and a few friends know. I call you by your name all of the time though unless I'm typing on this blog about you :) Everyone will get to find out when you get here!) 

On Sunday we were at Grandpa and Grandma Stika's house just like we are every Sunday. When we were watching a movie I realized how dry and cracked my heels were. It'd been driving me crazy for a little while but I decided I couldn't take it anymore! Grandma and I decided to give each other pedicures. We soaked our feet in warm water and now we have smooth heels and pretty toes! It is definitely going to have to happen a little more often. I love my feet being massaged! Just not tickled. That is one thing I probably hate the most!


And now today is Tuesday. And we are at the 24 week mark! I can't even believe it! Your kicks are starting to hurt a little! I'm a little worried how it's going to feel when you are even bigger and stronger! Yikes! 


Yesterday, Monday, was a pretty important day for our little family but I'm going to write about that in the next post. It's important enough to deserve a post all of it's own.

0 comments: