1.01.2013

Cow Elk and a New Year!

It's official little man. You and I have been hanging out for 20 weeks! I have to admit, the past few weeks I have been feeling a little more nervous for you to get here! It's going to be a huge change for your Dad and I. It's a little scary but I am SO excited at the same time. Being a mom isn't for wussies, and your mother is definitely not a wuss! :)

This past week was an exciting week! The biggest hi-light? Your Dad finally filled his cow elk tag! He and a few of his friends bought tags earlier this year. When they bought them they didn't realize that most of the land was private land. After contacting a lot of people they found someone who would let them hunt on their land, which was VERY nice of them by the way. Well, the cow elk hunt ran from the middle of November to  December 31st. Your dad and his friend had been out 2-3 times previously with no luck. Finally on December 26th (talk about last minute!) they got a phone call from the land owner saying the snowfall had brought a whole bunch of elk onto the land. Grandpa Kelly, your Dad, Scott, and a few other guys headed up. They ended up filling BOTH the tags around 4:00. The only bad part about that was then they had to gut 2 cow elk, drag them to the 4 wheelers then drag them a few miles to the truck, then load them both in the truck, take them to the house and hang them both. LOTS of work! Your Dad and Grandpa Kelly weren't done with their night till about 1 in the morning. Hard work but sure worth all that meat! The next day we hauled it to a butcher in Tooele with Grandpa Jody. They are going to let it hang in the cooler until next Friday (apparently that makes the meat more tender and less gamey tasting) then they'll butcher it up and we will have a whole bunch of meat for us and plenty to share with family as well. Here are some pictures.






Those are some pretty big animals huh! They make your 6'5" Dad look tiny when he is crouching behind it!

Your Dad and I bought a new couch this week! Before we had the couch that came with the apartment (which was super uncomfy might I add) and a love sac. Our landlord picked up the couch and we gave the love sac to Kelly and Mollie and we moved the new one in. I'm in LOVE! 



We got these couches just in time for our New Years party at our place. We started out the night by going to dinner with Scott, Sarah, and little miss Addisyn. We went to Wingers. That has been one of my big cravings lately. They never let this pregnant lady down! :) After that we came back to our place and Grandma and Grandpa came over. We had chocolate marshmallow fondue with all sorts of things to dip like fresh fruit, cookies, and cinnamon bears. I'd also made a cherry strudel and peanut butter bars. Plus a whole bunch of soda of course. Sure was a sugar filled evening! We watched some performances that were being aired on TV and played a couple games. We laughed SO hard! Us oldies even made it till midnight! :P I'm sad I didn't get more pictures of the adults but I did get a few pictures of the night.



Your Grandpa Kelly is going to be the best Grandpa ever! He has always loved kiddos and they love him right back. Your Uncle Taylor is the same way. Plus your Dad is a baby hog lately wherever we are! :P You've got some pretty awesome guys that are excited to meet you and show you how to do all sorts of boy things!

Here are the newest additions to your nursery. I've been keeping my eyes open and finding things here and there to make your nursery just perfect. It sure is coming together! I'm so excited to see you playing in there!


Here is a picture of my hot date the other day :) Your Dad took me to Texas Roadhouse for some tasty steak and killer rolls. I ate way too much food, as I'm sure you could tell when you got all squished in there, but it was sure tasty! (P.S. Your Dad only looks miserable because he hates pictures. He was kind enough to let me take one though haha) What a stinker. 


We sure love you little man! I love feeling you kick and wiggle inside of me. My belly is feeling a lot different over the past couple weeks. I can tell you are growing and moving a whole bunch more. I can't wait till your Dad can put his hand on my tummy and feel you move too. Until then, I get to be selfish and the only one lucky enough to feel you and your active self. 


0 comments: